[1.7.10] Getting Translated Block Name

Izzy Axel

So, in addInformation, I'm trying to get a block's translated name.  This is what I've been trying:

list.add(StatCollector.translateToLocal("Bound Block: " + StatCollector.translateToLocal(Block.getBlockById(stack.stackTagCompound.getInteger(tagID)).getUnlocalizedName())));

But this is still returning tile.xxx.name, and getLocalizeName just subtracts the ".name".  What is the correct method for doing this?

That should return the correct localized name. (Don't use StatCollector for that; It is already localized)

It seems that forge couldn't find your lang file or your lang file does not contain the exact name.

So please post where your lang files are, and the contents of them.

I. Stellarium for Minecraft: Configurable Universe for Minecraft! (WIP)

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

src\main\resources\assets\filltool\lang\en_US.lang

itemGroup.FillTab=Fill Tool
item.fillTool.name=Fill Tool

I don't see how my lang file is the issue here, shouldn't that be an issue with Minecraft's lang file since we're talking about vanilla blocks?

Woah that's weird, yeah guess there is some issue in the dev workspace, I just put it on my server, and it translates fine

Oh it was vanilla block. What block do you want to show?

And please post your current code of the item.

I. Stellarium for Minecraft: Configurable Universe for Minecraft! (WIP)

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

IntelliJ, I add

idea { module { inheritOutputDirs = true } }
sourceSets { main { output.resourcesDir = output.classesDir } }

to the end of the build.gradle, import it, run setupDecompWorkspace inside IntelliJ, then run gradlew gIR from a command prompt.

PS I should also note, it's giving me translated names for some blocks, and not others in the dev workspace, like sand and dirt are never translated, but grass and leaves are.