Configure Player/Mob Health

kandivia

Hello, I'm trying to set the Player's and Mob's Max Health to a custom value via a config file. I need to be able to run both setBaseValue() and  setHealth() to implement this properly.

I've tried using the EntityJoinWorldEvent & LivingSpawnEvent to do so. EntityJoinWorldEvent, though, fires every time the Entity would reenter the world and thus would "heal"[setHealth()] an entity every time you close and reopen the world. LivingSpawnEvent plain doesn't work. Perhaps it happens to early and gets overridden by the vanilla code?

Is there an event I'm not seeing I could use, or would I have to re-implement this in another way?

Well let's say i set a  player's(default 20/20 Health)  maxHealth to 30. It would then become 20/30. If I do the check here, health would be below the max value and left alone.

I'll look into NBT to see if I can just use a NBT boolean tag to indicate whether that particular entity has had its health set before or not.

Well let's say i set a  player's(default 20/20 Health)  maxHealth to 30. It would then become 20/30. If I do the check here, health would be below the max value and left alone.

I'm saying if you read the max health first you'd see 20 and know that you should change it. Basically, instead of just setting something, check it first.

But anyway, yes, you could also figure out way to save whether you've changed things.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/