Minecraft Forge 1.7.10 Hangs, doesn't get past Mojang screen, no mods, help?

bnelson333

I have a problem that I wonder if someone can help me out. I've successfully got Forge (1.7.10) running on several computers, but I'm having trouble with one of them.

The computer is running edubuntu 14.04, Oracle Java 1.8.0-45 (same Java/Forge versions as my Windows computers that do work). It runs vanilla mc 1.8.4 just fine but when I try to launch Forge 1.7.10 (because all of the mods we want to use aren't ready for 1.8 yet), it hangs on the loading screen. It gets all the way through to 7/7, finalizing, and then it just hangs.

I've tried downgrading to Java 7 (both Oracle and openjdk). I've uninstalled and reinstalled Forge several times, both running vanilla 1.7.10 first and not (deleting libraries between).

I can't figure it out. It runs vanilla 1.8.4 just fine, it runs vanilla 1.7.10 just fine, but as soon as I try to run Forge 1.7.10, it hangs. It doesn't even have any mods in the mods folder, just hangs.

I don't even get a crash of any type usually, it will just never clear, I have to restart the computer to get rid of it (pkill'ing it doesn't work).

Any ideas?

Update: I found that if I run launcher.jar from the command line, I get some usable crash info, but I can't figure out how to post it here in a spoiler/code.

It seems to be the relevant text is such:

[xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeuing

[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called

[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.

java: ../../src/xcb_io.c:179: dequeue_pending_request: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' failed.

Looks like some problem with the new loading screen renderer. Use a version without it (latest is 10.13.3.1388) and report the error here.

Thank you SO much, that worked perfectly. I really should have realized there were multiple versions of the same 1.7.10, for some reason I had it in my head that they were earlier versions (e.g. 1.7.09). I'll report the bug, but for now, I have to get back to work. Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

I've been running into this issue as well. Up until now I was able to use 1388 because none of the mods used required a later version, but I tried adding a few new ones and they don't work with 1388.

Is the following log sufficient? It's what the Technic Launcher console logs for my modpack. The fml-client-latest.log was a bit too big for pastebin (and I only have a few minutes to post this  :-[), but maybe this one contains enough info?

http://pastebin.com/v50kfnKy

If not then let me know, I'll upload the bigger log somewhere else.