[1.8] [SOLVED] Fire Not Getting Textures

saxon564

I adding a custom fire to ignite custom portals with (this is working without a problem) but I cannot get them to be consistently textured. Most of the time, the fire has the black and purple box, and occasionally it actually has a texture. I cannot figure out why it is doing this, I have changed everything to point to the correct locations and have checked all my code, but it just will not grab the textures. Attached below is an image of what it looks like more often than not.

You can find my code here on Github.

d134f366c07067fc1fbf784ed2ba813e.png

The only way I can really answer that is, I have not found a pattern as to when it has a texture. It seems to be random when the texture actually works. I wish I could give a pattern, then it would make it so much easier for me to debug myself.....

And that makes this the second question that I asked because I was being stupid and overlooking the obvious error. I got this figured out by telling my blockstates json to look a folder deeper to get the models.

Now the only problem I have is that you cannot just hit the fire to put it out. You either have the place a block on it, or break the block it's on.

It does not, but it does extend BlockFire and has all the same methods and BlockFire. So that is what gets me. What makes the bounding box for fire non-existent but still possible to interact with?