[1.7.10] [SOLVED] Replace any class vanilla without the use of forge.

Atila1091

I need the nether portal that does not light up with the BlockObsidian. As I'm fleeing from the coremod the best way to recreate the BlockPortal was clearing your registry. This is very important for my mod. Anyone who can help, you could put the code ready.

an example:

1- blockRegistry.addObject(90, "portal", (new BlockPortal()).setHardness(-1.0F).setStepSound(soundTypeGlass).setLightLevel(0.75F).setBlockName("portal").setBlockTextureName("portal"));  :'(

2- blockRegistry.addObject(90, "portal", (new BlockPortal1()).setHardness(-1.0F).setStepSound(soundTypeGlass).setLightLevel(0.75F).setBlockName("portal").setBlockTextureName("portal")) 8)

public class BlockPortal1 extends BlockBreakable...  :o8);D

a1oaw2.png

[move]Please help me. :'( [/move]

Thank you and good day.

remove it from Blocks.class would be too much hasle, you could just hook the method that makes the block portal (i dont remember if its block obsidian or  item flint and steel).

I have a old utility class that i done back in 1.3 that replaces classes at runtime (all of it, not just one), i could send for you to take a look, but it would be better to look if forge already provides hook for that, or if use asm, replace just the method itself, not the whole class

The best solution was to base edit, insert the modified class to jar file:.minecraft\libraries\net\minecraftforge\forge\1.7.10-forgeversion-1.7.10\forge-forgeversion-1.7.10.jar and apply the JVM argument "-Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates = true -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies = true" or install LiteLoader to break the protection against non-original files.

Thank you for your idea Opssemnik.