Level-up, mana bar and magics

Pirate Gamer

So i'm a new modder. actually this is my first video and I'm needing somethings.

I need to make a level system, a mana bar that will increase when I level-up

And how to make magics(I don't want magic items, I want to make magics that should appear when you press a keyboard key)

If there's a tutorial about how to do one or more of this things it should be very helpfull

I already tried to make a mana bar and I did it but the mana bar didn't appeared because of one annotation.

As I say i'm a new modder so I need a good tutorial, one that i don't get confused ahah :D

I'm modding at Forge1.6.4-9.11.1.1345

First, learn the basics: client-server side meaning, how to use @mod, events, packets... For that there are plenty o' tutorials. Just google.

For mana, you will have to use IExtendedEntityProperties. For that there are plenty o' tutorials too. Just google.

For magic thing to happen on key press you will have to use: events and packets. For that there are plenty o' tutorials too. Just google.

Personally, tutorials that i recommend:

Basics, events, packets... jabelar's tutorials

IExtendedEntity Properties, coolAlias's tutorial.

I have a system that does what you are talking about.  It is far from simple and certainly not a first mod type thing.

Start with some basics and get experience first.

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help

Actually thats not the problem, as you should know minecraft changed the OpenGL version and my computer can't run higher, if you have a low graphic card, at version 1.7.2 it will be appearing a message warning that you will not be able to run other versions, and I really can't, as the game crashes on 1.7.4 and other versions.

Then I decided to make the game for 1.6.4 and then make an update for 1.7.2 and I'll be updating this 2 mod versions, I started with 1.6.4 because 1.7.2 got a little more lag, nothing that I can't run, I can run it but to run with mods I have to use Optifine, I always use Optifine when I use mods, I know that lots of people are using 1.8 and now there is coming the 1.9, but actually is better to make for 1.6.4 and 1.7.2 for lots of reasons, for example 1.6.4 and 1.7.2 almost everyone can run it, and there is lots of video tutorials for 1.6.4, 1.6.2(wich works in 1.6.4 too) and 1.7.2, as I said, I'm a new modder and almost everything I've done was by watching videos.

If your graphics card can't use the new OpenGL version, it's time to get a new computer...

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/