Custom tab background not working in actual Minecraft

SanAndreaP

Hello,

I wanted to add a custom background and searched a bit tin the source. The new tab works flawless with the default background. In eclipse, the background I'll use works, too. But as soon as I pack my mod into a jar file and try to use it in a modded Minecraft, the background seems missing the texture. I made sure the image is in the right place. I don't know how to solve this.

This is the path, where my background is in:

JARFILE/SanAndreasP/mods/ClaySoldiersMod/claymans/CSM_TabBG.png

This is the path defined in the source:

public static final String CSMTAB_TEXTURE = "../../SanAndreasP/mods/ClaySoldiersMod/claymans/CSM_TabBG.png";

I have to go 2 times back in the path, because in the source, the GuiContainerCreative class takes the custom background path for a tab as following:

CreativeTabs var5 = CreativeTabs.creativeTabArray[selectedTabIndex];
        int var6 = this.mc.renderEngine.getTexture("/gui/creative_inv/" + var5.getBackgroundImageName());

I've preloaded it, too (path defined like in the GuiContainerCreative; code from ClientProxy):

MinecraftForgeClient.preloadTexture("/gui/creative_inv/" + CSMModRegistry.CSMTAB_TEXTURE);

And the texture is registered in the tab as following:

claySoldierTab.setBackgroundImageName(this.CSMTAB_TEXTURE);

I can live without custom tab background, but it would be nice if it would work, though.

Here is a screenshot within eclipse:

And here is one in a modified Minecraft:

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.