Render item event

LapisSea

So I (and apparently many people) really need a render item event or something to replace the IItemRenderer! The closest thing that I found is net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderItem.renderItemModelTransform. So is it doable? Or even better can the IItemRenderer be revived? For an example of how we need it is that 50% rendering items is impossible without it.

I sincerely hope that this can be done.

Making a big mod and asking myself what is wrong to people that were updating minecraft to 1.8

1. You (and apparently many people) don't need event, but to learn how to use new systems.

2. IItemRenderer is deprecated and will NOT come back.

3. For any kind of item you can replace normal model with ISmartItemModel (or other IBakedModel interface) that lets you (in any way) manipulate how item is rendered, from what angle and for what ItemStack and who knows what else.

4. New model system allows you to do almost anything, only problems that might appear would be when you would want to render some super-gl-specific stuff (crazy stuff really).

For examples:

https://github.com/TheGreyGhost/MinecraftByExample/tree/master/src/main/java/minecraftbyexample/mbe15_item_smartitemmodel

Side-note:

"what is wrong to people that were updating minecraft to 1.8"

Actually, after about a month - you will start appreciating new model system (if that is the case, because this is like only thing that changed in 1.8 really).

System is actually very nice (on both performance and design levels) + it was more for "resource-packers", not modders directly.

Yet still - read my signature :D

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

So I've created a costum model in blender (It doesn't only consist of cubes so I don't know if it's possible to create with the .json files)

I've reimplemented the old AdvancedModelLoader to load .obj models into Minecraft

Then I've created a TileEntitySpecialRenderer to render the model in the world (With animations), that all works nicely

Here you can take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO5gLkEJsk4

Now I've got the problem, I've no clue how to render the costum model in the players inventory or in the players hand ...

If somebody can explain me how to do this with the new system, then the new system is fine to me, if not ... then I want the old system back (or something else that allows me to do this), because I don't feel like change all my models (and incoming models) back to only cuby models ;(

I think other mod authors like Azanor will have a similar problem because he also has a lot of models which not only consist out of cubes and are sometimes really complex

(Azanor is a genius so he might figure something out ... but I don't)

Also how do I render particles in the players hand with the new system (Ok, I didn't know how to do this with the old system too ... maybe it didn't change at all)

Hope we can find a solution on that, because that's not the first time I read that somebody has a problem with it

TechMage

PS: Sorry for my bad english, I'm german

Forge has a build-in Wavefront model loader to convert your Wavefront model to an IBakedModel, so why re-invent the wheel?

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

The loader system is still the same you dont need to know the specifics of what loaders, the interface will find the correct loader by file name and pump out what you need.

The way to go is models. Thats it. THere are some parts that you can't do that you used to be able to do with full GL custom rendering but thats a big no fkin dua.

I'm not sure the current status on OBJ loaders because shade/fry were doing that and I haven't heard word in a while.

However, if you guys have REAL issues and not just 'ADD THIS BACK CUZ WHAAAAAA' then we can address it.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon