Other solution for Bungeecord problem?

istoOi

Hi,

i read that the problem is caused by Bungeecord and has to do with some fields in the handshake protocol.

I wonder what Forge Client/Server have to talk about, if the server only uses server mods and the client only client mods. Is it possible to not exchange any information about forge/mods and behave like a normal vanilla client and will this also resolve the problem (at least for "vanilla" server)?

There is no way to tell if the server is vanilla or not. We use a field in a way that is publicly acceptable and expandable to tell the server that we are a modded client. if it wasn't for Bungeecord doing it incorrectly everything would be fine.

Basically there is a solution in place for BungeeCord/Spigot they need to update.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I assume it cause problems if you join a modded server wihtout exchanging some infomrations about forge and the mods?

But in the case you won't join a modded server anyway, it would be nice to force forge to behave like a vanilla client without exchanging any informations. See it as a privacy setting :D

Quite literally the ONLY thing that you tell the server on a Forge client when connecting that isn't vanilla is "FML\0" Literally. That is a identifier added to the handshake method that say "Hey if you're modded then we can do our handshake"

So no, it's not a 'privacy' issue.

It's a your server is forcing protocol changes onto the clients in a incompatible fashion and they should stop being stupid.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • For hours I have been trying to just instal Mr. Crayfish's Refurbished Furniture Mod, but each step to fix the error codes, the more problems arise. The farthest I got through the steps was getting to the Forge Installer, but once I had selected the file, an error saying "The directory is missing a launcher profile. Please run the minecraft launcher first". At this point I don;'t know what more I can do. Please help.
    • I create my mod pack,yesterday my mod pack is fine but i add one mod and error. I'm delete this mmod but minecraft is still stop on CONFIG_LOAD then I tried to delete config and restart it but again. If you can pleace help me. https://imgur.com/ngZBzuv
    • game crashes before even opening (log:https://mclo.gs/M8xvX7c)
    • I have created a custom entity that extends "TamableAnimal", but I am wanting to have it spawn in the ocean. I have it spawning right now, but it spawns way too frequently even with weight set to 1. I am guessing it is because it is rolling in the spawn pool of land animals since TameableAnimal extends Animal and is different than WaterAnimal, and since no land animals spawn in the ocean it just fills every inch up with my custom entity. I have followed basic tutorials for spawning entities with Forge, but I feel like I am missing something about how to change what spawn pool this custom entity ends up in. Is it possible to change that or do I need to refactor it to be based off of WaterAnimal to get those spawn? My biome modifier JSON file: { "type": "forge:add_spawns", "biomes": "#minecraft:is_ocean", "spawners": { "type": "darwinsmysticalmounts:water_animal", "weight": 20, "minCount": 1, "maxCount": 1 } } My client event: event.register(ModEntityTypes.WATER_ANIMAL.get(), SpawnPlacements.Type.NO_RESTRICTIONS, Heightmap.Types.MOTION_BLOCKING_NO_LEAVES, WaterWyvernEntity::checkCustomWaterAnimalSpawnRules, SpawnPlacementRegisterEvent.Operation.REPLACE); And the actual custom spawn rule that makes it spawn in the water: public static boolean checkCustomWaterAnimalSpawnRules(EntityType<WaterAnimalEntity> pAnimal, LevelAccessor pLevel, MobSpawnType pSpawnType, BlockPos pPos, RandomSource pRandom) { return pPos.getY() > pLevel.getSeaLevel() - 16 && pLevel.getFluidState(pPos.below()).is(FluidTags.WATER); }  
    • Starting today, I am unable to load my modded minecraft world. Forge crash log initially said it was a specific mod called Doggy Talents, which I disabled. Then it blamed JEI, and when that was disabled it blamed another mod so I assume it's something more than a specific mod. Minecraft launcher log claims "Exit Code 1". Nothing had changed since last night when it was working fine Forge Log: https://pastebin.com/S1GiBGVJ Client Log: https://pastebin.com/aLwuGUNL  
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.