[1.7.10] Setting Stack Size over 64

American2050

Would it be possible to set a stack size for an item above 64 and make it work without problems?

As for now I can actually pick over 64 of my custom item (Middle click in creative mode) but when I place them in my inventory the stack created is only 64 and the remaining ones are still in my hand... (In survival the stack in inventory stops at 64 and it starts a new one.

I guess I have to overwrite something else that I'm missing, but not sure.

private static int maxStack = 80;

public ItemOre()
{
	super();
	this.setMaxStackSize(maxStack);
	this.setCreativeTab(ModCreativeTab.BD_Misc);

}

@Override
    public Item setMaxStackSize(int stackSize)
    {
        this.maxStack = stackSize;
        return this;
    }

/**
     * Returns the maximum size of the stack for a specific item.
     */
@Override
    @Deprecated
    public int getItemStackLimit()
    {
        return this.maxStack;
    }

Most likely I'm also including the getItemStackLimit but I guess that's actually not needed.

not possible without serious hacking.

we already had this topic once here.

why do you need a stack size bigger then 64?

Really it's just for the LULZ (For fun) on some items in my mod I needed a number higher than 64. I thought it was something easy (well, not easy, but I saw it I believe on Tinkers Constructs Arrows I believe)

I will stick to 64 I guess, don't want to make things more complicate in my code, lol.

Thanks for the answer ;)

Tinkers' Construct don't use the vanilla stack size system. They store their own stack size in the NBT of the

ItemStack

, and draw the stack size in the IItemRenderer they use, so you can do that if you want.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

Tinkers' Construct don't use the vanilla stack size system. They store their own stack size in the NBT of the

ItemStack

, and draw the stack size in the IItemRenderer they use, so you can do that if you want.

Ohh ok, thanks for the tip. I'm not good with NBT but when I learn that I can give this a try.

Thanks once again.