[solved][1.8] Change size of player inventory

Failender

Hello guys,

I am triing to change the size of the player inventory. He can upgrade it later so it gets bigger again. I would render the inventory gui on myself later.

My problem is the setting of the inventory size. I thought using the entity construct event would allow me to do so, but im wrong.

First problem is, that at the time the event is fired the player.inventory is null (which makes no sense to me, since it is initialized via public InventoryPlayer inventory = new InventoryPlayer(this);)

If I set the inventory myself via player.inventory = new InventoryPlayer(player); it gets overriden by vanilla.

So my question is: How can I change the size of the inventory of the player? Do I need to create a custom class, overriding the inventory? Where do I need to apply my changes?

Mfg Failender

You need to override the vanilla inventory. Subsribe to the GuiOpenEvent, and change

event.gui[code] to your custom inventory gui.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

Alright. Managed to do a lot. (Apparently strg v code messes up the formatting a bit)

Created my own class, which does nothing but reduce the inventory size. Applied the inventory every time the player joiins the world. Two problems I got right now.

1. The player picks up items, even though his inventory is already full. I am confused, this shouldnt happen since the important methods of InventoryPlayer seem to always iterate over mainInventory.length

2. The hotbar only updates after opening the custom gui

public class InventoryPlayerCustom extends InventoryPlayer{

public InventoryPlayerCustom(EntityPlayer playerIn) {
	super(playerIn);
	mainInventory = new ItemStack[18];

}

}

@SubscribeEvent
public void joining(EntityJoinWorldEvent event)
{
	if(event.entity instanceof EntityPlayer)
	{
		EntityPlayer player = (EntityPlayer) event.entity;
		player.inventory = new InventoryPlayerCustom(player);

}
}

EDIT: I guess I could be fixxing the 2nd problem by rendering it on my own, but I dont understand it. Normally the hotbar renderer should access the first 9 slots in the InventoryPlayer, where InveotryPlayer is my class and the first 9 slots shouldnt be out of sync

found out that the problem with the hotbar is that the inventory is not synced. opening and closing the gui syncs it, thats why its fixxed after that.

I could sync it using packets in combination with PlayerEvent.ItemPickupEvent.

First problem.. how can I prevent an item from beeing picked up? If I can prevent it I can simply do checks in the ItemPickupEvent event and if my inventory is full prevent pickup