[1.8] Gravity and transformers

Asweez

So I am trying to make a gravity system in which the player can run on the ceiling if they reverse their gravity. I think, from looking around at other mods, that I need to make EntityPlayer extend my own EntityLiving class that modifies the jumping, moving, etc. of entities. Would I use an access transformer or a class transformer to make EntityPlayer extend my own EntityLiving and how?

Creator of the MyFit, MagiCraft, Tesseract gun, and Papa's Wingeria mod.

I dont know anything about this, but I would guess you could possibly do that with the playerController. Theres some classes in minecraft called playercontroller that have direct control over the play and stuff

"you seem to be THE best modder I've seen imo."

~spynathan

ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ

Perhaps it's not as complicated as you might think. Have you taken note of IExtendedEntityProperties ? I just learned about that recently. Very helpful for modifying existing entity classes. You should take a look into that and see if it fits your needs.

With all due respect, sir: I do, what I do, the way I do it. ~ MacGyver

Perhaps it's not as complicated as you might think. Have you taken note of IExtendedEntityProperties ? I just learned about that recently. Very helpful for modifying existing entity classes. You should take a look into that and see if it fits your needs.

No offense, but read OP's post, where is the use of IEEP?

@OP

What you seek to do is far behind hardest thing you've ever done and probably possible only with HEAVY operations on classLoaders and bytecode.

Anyway - as proposed - playerController is the thing you might want to have look at for sake of smootheness on client side rendering stuff (keep it nice).

As to your reasoning - how I see it - it is FAR from reasonable - both movemeent and jump can be directly manipulated with events - on both server and client. Think about available design options before throwin random ideas around ASM fields of Java.

And for ASM - start with google, and not with Minecraft interaction, but reading bytecode itself. :P

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

What you seek to do is far behind hardest thing you've ever done and probably possible only with HEAVY operations on classLoaders and bytecode.

Anyway - as proposed - playerController is the thing you might want to have look at for sake of smootheness on client side rendering stuff (keep it nice).

As to your reasoning - how I see it - it is FAR from reasonable - both movemeent and jump can be directly manipulated with events - on both server and client. Think about available design options before throwin random ideas around ASM fields of Java.

And for ASM - start with google, and not with Minecraft interaction, but reading bytecode itself. :P

Ok so I looked around at the Player Controller and the Forge events, and neither of them seemed to have much to do with gravity/movement. What are you suggesting with the Player Controller and events?

P.S. I want to make it so the player can run on the ceiling, and when I just add upwards velocity, the player goes upward. The player still can't run (as fast) and jump. Am I going about this the wrong way?

No offense, but read OP's post, where is the use of IEEP?

@OP

I'll be honest here and say that I do not know who OP is.

My idea was that you don't have to change classes around to add properties, but yeah, IEEP probably isn't applicable here. I'm new to it.

With all due respect, sir: I do, what I do, the way I do it. ~ MacGyver

If you can figure out what the 'gravity' (as said before, Minecraft has no concept of gravity, only downwards velocity) is in Minecraft, you can reverse it if the player changes the gravity around. Then on the client, you can rotate the player around so it looks like he's actually walking upside down.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

Biggest issue here is actually not gravity or walking, but player himself - head != legs. Rotation renderer will do nothing (entities have eye height).

Have look at PlayerAPI and SmartMoving :D You want to dig around that. (REALLY HARD)

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

So I need to find a way to flip the eye height and jump and move and stuff. How would I make the player act like its on the ground when it's on the ceiling?

EDIT: Should I add motion y when they reverse gravity or is there another, better, way to do it?