Offline installation

greencopper

Why are there no offline installation of Forge?

I am trying to install Minecraft with Forge on a bunch of kids computers in our local gaming club. Lots of boxes haven't got Internet access and are not getting it.

It if really annoying that there isn't a full pack with everything needed, so I can download from elsewhere ONCE and then install on all boxes!

Because we live in the 21st century and people without internet connections are such a minority that we don't care.

Either way you can install Forge offline, just put the libraries in the libraries folder, and put the version folder in the version folder.

That's all the installer really does, downloads files to specific folders. {Its a bit more fancy because of tricks to save bandwidth but ya}

So install it once on a computer with internet, and then just copy the shit over. Not hard.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

User was banned for being a cunt.

I've already told you the simple solution.

You have to have internet SOMEHOW to get the Forge installer.

Use that same machine to install it and just copy the folders over.

Once the libraries are installed, the only thing that changes is Forge itself which is not downloaded, so even if you have shitty internet you're good.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon