Questions about Forge 1.8 and 1.7.10

Kaneka

Hello everyone,

I coded a Mod with forge 1.8( and learned it this way) and don´t know anything about 1.7.10, but atm I have a few questions, because a member asked me if I plan a 1.7.10 version, because it is the stable version.

Now I want to know if and when there will be a stable version of 1.8 ?

Atm there are a lot modpacks of 1.7.10, but only few modpacks for 1.8, why and will there be more in the future or will it be skipped because of 1.9?

Would it be a better idea to stay at 1.8 and hope for a better future, or should I start relearning everything with 1.7.10??

Thanks, Kaneka

Just to second what diesieben said - 1.8 is superior to 1.7.10 in practiacally everything, including stability (althrought both are stable).

Modders and Forge supporters should encourage other modders to updatie to newer versions, because not everyone does that (and because some people are expecting "easy ways") trend developed that 1.8 is something of a test build. No it's not - either way, everyone WILL have to go through 1.8 updates when 1.9 comes out.

Stay on 1.8, encourage others to update, don't be forced to downgrade (unless it's small mod or without rendering stuff - which changed the most).

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

Forge for 1.8 is stable. Anyone who complains that it is not without providing evidence is just a fear monger and annoying.

Downgrading is never the right choice.

Stay with 1.8 and tell those who tell you to go to 1.7.10 to stfu.

1.8 is fine, and only getting better. 1.8.8 will come with major code cleanup and Generics so be ready! :P

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Offtopic, but:

and Generics so be ready! :P

I have ideas what this might be, but may I ask - is there alredy some see-for-myself code (tried to find something on GitHub, but couldn't :C) or anything at all about it? Really interesting. :P

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.