[1.8]Gui drawLine & drawRect broken

poopsicle

I am not new to java, but am to OPGL, and minecraft logic in terms of whatever mojang has decided todo...

Im trying to draw a button, and on the button is a little meter. But the bar (line will not render), the following methods do not work at all for me. Regardless if im using it from within a button subclass or the guiScreen.

-drawRect

-drawHorizonalRect

-drawVerticalRect

@Override
    public void drawButton(Minecraft mc, int mouseX, int mouseY) {
        if (this.visible) {
            mc.getTextureManager().bindTexture(texture);
            this.hovered = mouseX >= this.xPosition && mouseY >= this.yPosition && mouseX < this.xPosition + this.width && mouseY < this.yPosition + this.height;
            GlStateManager.enableBlend();
            GlStateManager.tryBlendFuncSeparate(770, 771, 1, 0);
            GlStateManager.blendFunc(770, 771);

int baseX = this.xPosition;
            int baseY = this.yPosition + (this.id * 25);
            drawTexturedModalRect(baseX, baseY, 0, 0, 35, 22);
            drawHorizontalLine(baseX + 15, baseX + 7, baseY + 20, 64_000);//meter
            mc.getRenderItem().renderItemIntoGUI(new ItemStack(Item.getByNameOrId("minecraft:diamond_axe")), baseX, baseY + 2);
            this.mouseDragged(mc, mouseX, mouseY);
            mc.fontRendererObj.drawString("5%"+, baseX, baseY + 7, 3947580);
        }
    }

P.S. bbcodes and such dont seem to want to work, i only knew the code one from the top of my head.

I don't know the default parameters of drawHorizontalLine, but that (the arguments you passed, particularly '64_000') does seem odd to me. Maybe compare it to the GUI/GUI screen methods, and make sure you have the right parameters/arguments. I know the functions aren't broken since I used them before without issue.

The arguments are at least for HorizontalLine(srcX, destX, yPos, color) so 64_000, is the color, and its a bright green. No color shows up, even if put in hex format, or just a 0 is used(black).

The arguments are at least for HorizontalLine(srcX, destX, yPos, color) so 64_000 is the color, and its a bright green. No color shows up, even if put in hex format, or just a 0 is used(black).

Also, a nice way to use colors is to use java.awt.Color

So in your class, you can have a Color field like so:

Color lineColor = new Color(0,255,0,255);

Then when you want to use the color integer, use

lineColor.getRGB();

Though the method is getRGB, it will also return with the alpha bits.

Doing so also helps make the code nice to read, and involves less guess work for the person viewing the code.