[1.8] Updating an old non-Forge Mod to current Version and Forge?

FieryChocobo

Hi there,

I would like to know if there are any Resources or Tutorials where i could learn how to update an old Mod. The Mod in Question is MineLittlePony, the last version of it was for Minecraft 1.4.2 and it originally wasn't for Forge. I understand and know how to work with Java, i learned it at University. So yeah, are there any Resources where i could learn how to do this or, would it be easier to create the Mod from the Ground up. If so, then where do i find a good Guide for how to create a new Forge Mod.

MineLP was a Mod that would change a Players Model to a Pony one and download a custom Skin from a different Server. It had an InGame GUI for uploading a custom Skin to that Server and used special Markings on the Skin itself to determine the exact Model (Earthpony, Pegasus or Unicorn paired with Male and Female for a total of 6 different Models). I do want to in the end expand on it and add additional Models for some of the new Races the Show has introduced, but for now i would preferably just update the Mod.

A custom gui is done with a class extending GuiScreen , you only need to open that up on client side (I guess you want to be using a KeyBinding for that) so every time the KeyBinding gets hit open the gui using

@SubscribeEvent
public void onKeyPressed(KeyInputEvent event)
{

if(ClientProxy.binding.isKeyDown())
	{
		Minecraft.getMinecraft.displayGuiScreen(new MyScreen())
	}
}

You should look for a basic tutorial on how to set up ur proxies ( you will need it). There are tons of them out there so I wont teach u how to do that.

Same goes for Keybindings. Look for a tutorial, if you have any problems come back and ask. (Of course the Clientproxy.binding is from type KeyBinding)

For the playermodels.. I have no idea. Sorry :D