[1.7.10] onHurtEvent - Timer implementation

Thornack

Hi everyone,

I want to implement a timer that gets started when the onHurt event is called and ends when it reaches some value x. Im not really sure what would be the best way to do this, a for loop or while loop? or some vanilla timer that already exists. The event gives me access to world time through

@SubscribeEvent
public void hurt(LivingHurtEvent event) {
	if (event.entity instanceof EntityPlayer) {
		EntityPlayer player = (EntityPlayer) event.entity;
                        long time = player.worldObj.getWorldInfo().getWorldTime() % 2400;
                 }
        }

but this isnt what I would need since the timer should begin at 0 when the player is hurt, the hurt event should be cancelled, and a gui should open. (I have the gui open and the cancelled part down) But the timer should persist even if the gui I have is closed so that if you are hurt again the gui doesnt open until the timer hits its end point. At this point if youre hurt again repeat the cycle.

I do have access to my IEEP class in this method so maybe putting the timer in there would be best. Im not sure though so Im putting it out there. What would be the simplest solution.

Basically I want to create a gui that opens only if the player is hurt and if the timer isnt ticking. (otherwise the gui opening gets too annoying if a mob has you cornered and is attacking you once per second or whatever.)

Basically,

Player is Attacked -> Gui opens -> timer starts counting to 10seconds -> if player is attacked again nothing happens until the timer stops counting and resets to 0 (even if the player closes the gui nothing should happen (the hurt event should be cancelled still))-> If player is hit again -> repeat the cycle

So... where is the problem? You save counter in IEEP and set it to "-1", use LivingHurtEvent to "if (counter < 0) { counter = 0; OPEN-GUI } else DO-NOTHING".

Subscribe to PlayerTickEvent - do: "if (counter >= 0) ++counter;" then: "if (counter >= 200) counter = -1;".

Done.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Hi, I want to make a client-only mod, everything is ok, but when I use shaders, none of the textures rendered in RenderLevelStageEvent nor the crow entity model are rendered, I want them to be visible, because it's a horror themed mod Here is how i render the crow model in the CrowEntityRenderer<CrowEntity>, by the time i use this method, i know is not the right method but i don't think this is the cause of the problem, the renderType i'm using is entityCutout @Override public void render(CrowEntity p_entity, float entityYaw, float partialTick, PoseStack poseStack, MultiBufferSource bufferSource, int packedLight) { super.render(p_entity, entityYaw, partialTick, poseStack, bufferSource, packedLight); ClientEventHandler.getClient().crow.renderToBuffer(poseStack, bufferSource.getBuffer(ClientEventHandler.getClient().crow .renderType(TEXTURE)), packedLight, OverlayTexture.NO_OVERLAY, Utils.rgb(255, 255, 255)); } Here renderLevelStage @Override public void renderWorld(RenderLevelStageEvent e) { horrorEvents.draw(e); } Here is how i render every event public void draw(RenderLevelStageEvent e) { for (HorrorEvent event : currentHorrorEvents) { event.tick(e.getPartialTick()); event.draw(e); } } Here is how i render the crow model on the event @Override public void draw(RenderLevelStageEvent e) { if(e.getStage() == RenderLevelStageEvent.Stage.AFTER_ENTITIES) { float arcProgress = getArcProgress(0.25f); int alpha = (int) Mth.lerp(arcProgress, 0, 255); int packedLight = LevelRenderer.getLightColor(Minecraft.getInstance().level, blockPos); VertexConsumer builder = ClientEventHandler.bufferSource.getBuffer(crow); Crow<CreepyBirdHorrorEvent> model = ClientEventHandler .getClient().crow; model.setupAnim(this); RenderHelper.renderModelInWorld(model, position, offset, e.getCamera(), e.getPoseStack(), builder, packedLight, OverlayTexture.NO_OVERLAY, alpha); builder = ClientEventHandler.bufferSource.getBuffer(eyes); RenderHelper.renderModelInWorld(model, position, offset, e.getCamera(), e.getPoseStack(), builder, 15728880, OverlayTexture.NO_OVERLAY, alpha); } } How i render the model public static void renderModelInWorld(Model model, Vector3f pos, Vector3f offset, Camera camera, PoseStack matrix, VertexConsumer builder, int light, int overlay, int alpha) { matrix.pushPose(); Vec3 cameraPos = camera.getPosition(); double finalX = pos.x - cameraPos.x + offset.x; double finalY = pos.y - cameraPos.y + offset.y; double finalZ = pos.z - cameraPos.z + offset.z; matrix.pushPose(); matrix.translate(finalX, finalY, finalZ); matrix.mulPose(Axis.XP.rotationDegrees(180f)); model.renderToBuffer(matrix, builder, light, overlay, Utils .rgba(255, 255, 255, alpha)); matrix.popPose(); matrix.popPose(); } Thanks in advance
    • Here's the link: https://mclo.gs/7L5FibL Here's the link: https://mclo.gs/7L5FibL
    • Also the mod "Connector Extras" modifies Reach-entity-attributes and can cause fatal errors when combined with ValkrienSkies mod. Disable this mod and continue to use Syntra without it.
    • Hi everyone. I was trying modify the vanilla loot of the "short_grass" block, I would like it drops seeds and vegetal fiber (new item of my mod), but I don't found any guide or tutorial on internet. Somebody can help me?
    • On 1.20.1 use ValkrienSkies mod version 2.3.0 Beta 1. I had the same issues as you and it turns out the newer beta versions have tons of unresolved incompatibilities. If you change the version you will not be required to change the versions of eureka or any other additions unless prompted at startup. This will resolve Reach-entity-attributes error sound related error and cowardly errors.
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.