[1.8] Model/Texture Problems (blocks, items, GUI-es)

Kethas

All of my textures are the missing texture purple-black mess and none of my jsons work.

The model error is

[22:35:48] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Model definition for location ijat:distillery#inventory not found
[22:35:48] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Model definition for location ijat:catalyst#normal not found
[22:35:48] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Model definition for location ijat:pure_beerium_nugget#inventory not found
[22:35:48] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Model definition for location ijat:stable_beerium_ingot#inventory not found
[22:35:48] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Model definition for location ijat:catalyst#inventory not found
[22:35:48] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Model definition for location ijat:beerium_ore#normal not found
[22:35:48] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Model definition for location ijat:beerium_ore#inventory not found
[22:35:48] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Model definition for location ijat:distillery#normal not found

And the GUI error is

[22:37:32] [Client thread/WARN]: Failed to load texture: ijat:textures/gui/distillery.png
java.io.FileNotFoundException: ijat:textures/gui/distillery.png
at net.minecraft.client.resources.SimpleReloadableResourceManager.getResource(SimpleReloadableResourceManager.java:71) ~[simpleReloadableResourceManager.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.SimpleTexture.loadTexture(SimpleTexture.java:34) ~[simpleTexture.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.TextureManager.loadTexture(TextureManager.java:70) [TextureManager.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.TextureManager.bindTexture(TextureManager.java:44) [TextureManager.class:?]
at main.java.ilayron.itsjustatestmod.crafting.GuiInventoryDistillery.drawGuiContainerBackgroundLayer(GuiInventoryDistillery.java:59) [GuiInventoryDistillery.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.drawScreen(GuiContainer.java:95) [GuiContainer.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.client.ForgeHooksClient.drawScreen(ForgeHooksClient.java:462) [ForgeHooksClient.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.updateCameraAndRender(EntityRenderer.java:1134) [EntityRenderer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runGameLoop(Minecraft.java:1114) [Minecraft.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:376) [Minecraft.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:117) [Main.class:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(Unknown Source) [start/:?]
at GradleStart.main(Unknown Source) [start/:?]

In addition, my "Distillery" block appears completely see-through.

The source-files.

Screenshots:

jDtspu1.png

PYAt6gQ.png

...and where are your json files?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

May I ask if you even bothered looking in the src/resources directory?

I apologize, I'm on a tablet and didn't see the link.

Edit:

For the love. Read your fucking error.

distillery#inventory not found. 

What so I find when I look at your distillery json? No inventory definition.

Also, your package layout it terrible. Your block classes aren't in ijat.blocks, they're in ijat.ctafting

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

First off, your registration is calling getUnlocalizedName().substring(5). The first argument in substring is the start index. So you are starting at index 5. If you want to shave off the .name, you need to use (0,getUnlocalizedName().length()-5) to signify starting at 0, and ending 5 indices short of the name length, thus "amputating" .name.

Lastly, and this is only one developer trying to be informative to another, your package layout is very difficult to follow. It's much easier for us to help you, if you help us by keeping close to standard programming conventions. It's more of a distraction, and keeps our focus off of finding the problem, and more onto trying to decipher your formatting.

Still not working... Any suggestions on what to do?

There is so much wrong with your code.

First off, common proxy and server proxy are the same. You don't need 2 files.

Second, never register client code from the server side. In your item class you are defining the models, which should be done in your client proxy.

Third, you still haven't replaced your use of "substring". If your GitHub is out-dated, update it. I'm looking at the code that's on there now, and nothing is going to work right with the way you have it set up.

You are instantiating your items and blocks in your main init method. I do mine in my preInit method so they'll exist prior to the call to proxy.init() that uses some of them.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.