[Solved] Testing with other mods while still in dev environment

TheClaus

I am wanting to see how my mod works with other mods.  Like Waila or NEI or JEI.  I know I can build my mod and then run it with the other mods but from searching the forums there is talks of placing mods in a libs folder or adding them to the build.gradle.  Can anyone explain that more please?  I have read this post and they say do it libs or build.gradle.

I created a libs folder in the same location as my build.gradle and reran gradlew setupDecompWorkspace but when I run my client it shows only 4 mods(3 that load with forge and then my mod).

I was going to do build.gradle but looking at that made it look more like dependencies than just interacting with my mod.

So what is the right way to test other mods without building my mod and running another client.

as for what i know (not to much really) you should have a "run" folder in to the main mod folder (or pearhaps a folder that looks like he minecraft folder). In here there is a folder called "mods", try putting the other mods there and see if they works ;)

Don't blame me if i always ask for your help. I just want to learn to be better :)

You need to have the deobfuscated version of the mods.

This is true in general, but running the deobfuscated versions of CodeChickenLib + CodeChickenCore will deobfuscate other mods at runtime; allowing you to use obfuscated versions of mods.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.