[1.8.9] [SOLVED] Custom Crops not rendering for any blockstate

swordkorn

Hi guys. I'm currently having some issues getting my crop block to render any texture in world.

I have all the relevant .json files, including one for blockstates. Everything loads up fine and I receive no error from the console, yet in world I get the missing texture texture.

The only reason I can think of as to what may be causing this is the lack of texture for the base block, but the block changes state based on its age. This has been defined as 7 stages and a defaultBlockState of 0.

Any ideas?

Both your java code and json files have errors. Fix them and the problem will go away.

PS: The console does not show enough output. Look in the log files to see more warnings. Then run in the debugger.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.

Thanks for the reply but I actually just this second fixed it!

For some strange reason, the tutorial I was following was telling me to create a model in the blocks folder for my rendering.json file.

I removed that file. Also, something not commonly mentioned in any solution to this kind of issue, is if the block isn't intended to render in a player's inventory then don't place "inventory" after the ModelResourceLocation declaration.

You also don't necessarily have to override all the methods for BlockCrops/BlockBush respectively, or implement IGrowable. The base code is smart enough to figure that out. I did however due to wanting more control over how it grows.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Add the crash-report or latest.log (logs-folder) with sites like https://mclo.gs/ and paste the link to it here  
    • Add the ful lcrash-report or latest.log (logs-folder) with sites like https://mclo.gs/ and paste the link to it here
    • I cant craft any of the epic fight mod weapons. I try using the recipes in the crafting table but nothing is working. and when i click on the epic fight weapon in jei there is no recipe at all.
    • Oklahoma Nation Cowboys at Youngstown Country PenguinsYoungstown, Ohio; Wednesday, 7 p.m. EDTBOTTOM LINE: The Youngstown Region Penguins facial area the Oklahoma Country Cowboys within the Countrywide Invitation Penguins include absent 15-5 versus Horizon League rivals, with a 9-4 history within non-meeting participate in. Youngstown Region is 1-2 inside online games resolved as a result of considerably less than 4 facts. The Cowboys are 8-10 in just Massive 12 engage in. Oklahoma Region ranks 9th within just the Large 12 taking pictures 31.1% towards 3-stage wide PERFORMERS: Dwayne Cohill is averaging 17.8 details and 4.8 helps for the Penguins. Adrian Nelson is averaging 17.1 info higher than the remaining 10 game titles for Youngstown Thompson is averaging 11.7 details for the Cowboys. Caleb Asberry is averaging 13.1 facts about the very last 10 video games for Oklahoma last 10 Video games: Penguins: 7-3 Zeke Zaragoza Jersey, averaging 79.7 info, 33.4 rebounds, 14.8 helps, 5.3 steals and 2.7 blocks for each video game despite the fact that capturing 48.1% versus the marketplace. Their rivals incorporate averaged 72.4 details for every : 4-6, averaging 66.4 specifics, 33.1 rebounds, 11.1 helps Jake Henry Jersey, 4.9 steals and 3.6 blocks for each sport even though taking pictures 41.3% towards the sector. Their rivals consist of averaged 72.0 info. The made this tale making use of technological innovation delivered by means of Information and facts Skrive and info against Sportradar. Cowboys Shop
    • Oklahoma Nation Cowboys at Youngstown Country PenguinsYoungstown, Ohio; Wednesday, 7 p.m. EDTBOTTOM LINE: The Youngstown Region Penguins facial area the Oklahoma Country Cowboys within the Countrywide Invitation Penguins include absent 15-5 versus Horizon League rivals, with a 9-4 history within non-meeting participate in. Youngstown Region is 1-2 inside online games resolved as a result of considerably less than 4 facts. The Cowboys are 8-10 in just Massive 12 engage in. Oklahoma Region ranks 9th within just the Large 12 taking pictures 31.1% towards 3-stage wide PERFORMERS: Dwayne Cohill is averaging 17.8 details and 4.8 helps for the Penguins. Adrian Nelson is averaging 17.1 info higher than the remaining 10 game titles for Youngstown Thompson is averaging 11.7 details for the Cowboys. Caleb Asberry is averaging 13.1 facts about the very last 10 video games for Oklahoma last 10 Video games: Penguins: 7-3 Zeke Zaragoza Jersey, averaging 79.7 info, 33.4 rebounds, 14.8 helps, 5.3 steals and 2.7 blocks for each video game despite the fact that capturing 48.1% versus the marketplace. Their rivals incorporate averaged 72.4 details for every : 4-6, averaging 66.4 specifics, 33.1 rebounds, 11.1 helps Jake Henry Jersey, 4.9 steals and 3.6 blocks for each sport even though taking pictures 41.3% towards the sector. Their rivals consist of averaged 72.0 info. The made this tale making use of technological innovation delivered by means of Information and facts Skrive and info against Sportradar. Cowboys Shop
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.