Memory Unstable

jakemobile34

So, I've done my own research on trying to fine out whats up, but i couldn't figure it out. Now from what i can tell the Memory is acting unstable. I can play and have no issues(seemingly) but I've had this issue for quite a while. My Memory section when i press F3 is spazzing out, what i mean is it will drastically cycle through a lot a ram meaning it rockets up on how much ram its using like it looks like how fast milliseconds go by, then it goes back down to where it was and repeats cycle. As I'm typing this I'm Watching it go through a cycle of 100 MB of ram. now for me its not that much because I have 4g allocated. but i know it shouldn't do that in the first place. if anyone can help let me know what details you need.

thanks,

Jakemobile34

That's normal, and perfectly fine, the JVM is specifically designed to deal with RAM/Objects in this manor. As long as you have little buffer beyond it and it's not FORCING a garbage collection {you can tell by it hitting 99% and then you getting a small freeze} you're fine.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Eah it depends on a lot of things. Mods could kinda derp things up a bit, but when running around in-world yes BlockPos and a lot of other state objects will be in-out of memory quickly. Are you experiancing ill effects? Lag? Freezes? {they would be noticeble esp as they would always happen at 99% mem usage}

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon