Launcher download oddity

TheTrueForce

Hi,

This isn't a bug as such, but it's a niggle that I've finally gotten around to asking about.

I am using the new Curse Voice launcher, which can be used to set up modded MC instances, but starts the official MC launcher to actually start the game.

Curse Voice installed Forge when I set up the profile. I'm using Forge 1558 for 1.7.10.

Whenever I click the "Play" button in the official launcher, it appears to download the Forge jar again. Why does it do this?

MC doesn't crash,or anything, it just downloads that file every time I start MC.

This strikes me as being wrong, because I've already downloaded Forge. Why should I have to download it again after the first time? That's where I'm coming from.

This is my Launcher log from when I load up Minecraft to the title screen and close it immediately:http://pastebin.com/jA1w4fHK

EDIT: This also happens with Forge 1577 for MC 1.8.0.

It does this by attempting to download the file but saying to there server "this is the one i have dont send me anything if its the same as yours"

Which is really specific to how their host is setup and considering most othere hosts arnt configured for that they just send the file... mojang really needs to switch over to normal maven .sha1/.md5 structure u.u

Anyways yes, it just looks like its downloading forge but we just give them a 404.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon