disable incompatible mods

Blu3Drag0n77

hello. I'm new to using forge and personal selective modding. I have played using FTB before. but wanted to play an close to vanilla setup. i am using minecraft 1.9 with forge build 12.16.0.1817. right now the newer build break a few Mods that work in this build. but that's probably just issues with those mods.

Could forge be coded to disable incompatible mods (computercraft is only up to 1.8.9) instead of crashing out to an error page. that way it can still be checked for any future updates to that mod.

Hopefully i put that in a way that makes sense.

Magically, No. However we DO have mechanics in place for Mods to tell us what versions of MC they are compatible with and we skip over the ones that we know are not compatible.

So yes, thanks for the blatantly obvious suggestion on something we already do.

If a mod loads for the incorrect MC version that's the mods fault for explicitly going out of their way to REMOVE that information we encode in them for this purpose.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon