World specific mods

badhaloninja

There should be world specific mods in the world save so it would be easier to share modded maps. Something like how world saves can now load resourcepacks so the mod dir would be something like,

-saves
--worldofworlds
---mods

and yes I know that some mods wouldn't load like CustomMainMenu and it would also most likely make the saves massive and slow to download but it would still be pretty cool as a feature also it would help a little with people using different minecraft directories just to separate mods.

╭╮╱╱╱╱╭┳╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╭╮

┃╰┳━╮╭╯┃╰┳━╮╭╮╭━┳━┳╋╋━┳┳┳━╮

┃╋┃╋╰┫╋┃┃┃╋╰┫╰┫╋┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┣┫╋╰╮

╰━┻━━┻━┻┻┻━━┻━┻━┻┻━┻┻┻┳╯┣━━╯

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╰━╯

b2819e0d4c42485d8492467df4730147?scale=3&overlay&default=b2819e0d4c42485d8492467df4730147.png

1) Redistributing other's mods is a NO GO serriously don't do it. It's not worth the drama.

2) Mods are loaded during init there is no way to unload them so doing it per world won't work.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

So what your saying is Technic Launcher, FTB, and ATLauncher are bad.

╭╮╱╱╱╱╭┳╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╭╮

b2819e0d4c42485d8492467df4730147?scale=3&overlay&default=b2819e0d4c42485d8492467df4730147.png

They have permission to distribute mods. Or at least, they should.

Its also far better to use things like those launchers and not just a world zip.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

"They" also includes any one who has an account on technic so no they don't have permission.

╭╮╱╱╱╱╭┳╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╭╮

Yes, thats the 'or should'

There is a reason why I do not support or condone the Technic platform, But this goes into a lot of bullshit drama that wars have been faught over.

Point is, No we will not be doing this for both technical and legal reasons.