[1.9] Execute command with custom ICommandSender

Essentially what I'm trying to do is create a GUI that can send vanilla commands and display the results of the commands.

Here's what I've tried:

• Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.sendChatMessage(command)

doesn't work because that sends the results of the commands to the

GuiChat

, not my custom

GuiScreen

• ClientCommandHandler.instance.executeCommand(commandSender, command)

doesn't work because

CommandHandler

's

commandMap

is empty, implying normal commands aren't sent that way.

• In answers for 1.8 and before, people have said to use
    MinecraftServer.getServer().getCommandManager().executeCommand(commandSender, command)

, but in 1.9

getServer()

is not static.

• Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.getServer().getCommandManager().executeCommand(commandSender, command)

also doesn't work because

Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.getServer()

is null.

I've ran out of ideas other than creating a new

EntityPlayerSP

and having that send commands, but I don't think that would work very well—if at all—and it's not a very elegant solution.

So, how can I either send commands with a custom

ICommandSender

or intercept/copy the text sent to the player if I use

Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.sendChatMessage(command)

?

Send a packet to the server with the information required to execute the command. This includes the command and some way to identify the

ICommandSender

you want to use.

On the server, get the

MinecraftServer

instance from the sending player's

World

(

World#getMinecraftServer

) and then use its

ICommandManager

to execute the command.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Send a packet to the server with the information required to execute the command. This includes the command and some way to identify the

ICommandSender

you want to use.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to directly do this.

On the server, get the

MinecraftServer

World

(

World#getMinecraftServer

) and then use its

ICommandManager

to execute the command.

That has the same problem as

: the server is null.

Minecraft.getMinecraft().getNetHandler().addToSendQueue(new CPacketChatMessage("/help"))

will execute a command. This behaves exactly as if the player had typed it in chat: if they do not have permission they will receive an error.

That is just a more low-level way of saying

Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.sendChatMessage(command)

, which doesn't work because that sends the results of the commands to the GuiChat, not my custom GuiScreen.

I'm going to see how command blocks handle it; they might have what I'm looking for.

ICommandSender

you want to use.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to directly do this.

Use a custom packet.

On the server, get the

MinecraftServer

World

(

World#getMinecraftServer

) and then use its

ICommandManager

to execute the command.

That has the same problem as

: the server is null.

It should never return

null

on a server-side

World

I'm going to see how command blocks handle it; they might have what I'm looking for.

GuiCommandBlock#actionPerformed

sends a

CPacketCustomPayload

with the command and either the command block position or minecart entity ID. The server-side handler then retrieves the

TileEntity

or

Entity

from this data and saves the changes.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

I've figured out that

Minecraft.getMinecraft().getIntegratedServer()

works in singleplayer.

Because I don't really intend for this to be a server mod, I think I'll just make it not work but not crash when attempting to execute a command on a server:

MinecraftServer server = Minecraft.getMinecraft().getIntegratedServer();
if(server == null) {
    parent.parent.out.println("You cannot run vanilla commands on a server!");
} else {
    server.getCommandManager().executeCommand(parent, command);
}

Thanks anyways for the help, Choonster and diesieben!

• Thanks 1

This is a really bad idea. Executing server commands from the client thread will cause all kinds of problems.

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't that what I'm doing with

Minecraft.getMinecraft()[b].getIntegratedServer()[/b].getCommandManager().executeCommand(parent, command)

? And if there is not integrated server (i.e. I'm in multiplayer), I don't even attempt to run the command.