Jump to content

Issue decompiling using Forge/MCP [Resolved]


xodusprime

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

It is entirely possible/likely that I am doing something wrong, but I have been working on this for an extended period of time and could use a hand:

 

I am using MCP723, minecraftforge-src-1.4.5-6.4.1.426 (recommended), a fresh copy of Minecraft 1.4.5, a fresh copy of minecraft_server.jar (1.4.5), jdk7u9, jre7u9, and Eclipse SR1 EE.  I'm running Windows 7 x64.

 

I extracted MCP723, ran Minecraft 1.4.5, copied the bin and resources folder from .minecraft to the MCP jars directory, copied minecraft_server.jar to the jars direcory, extracted the forge-src to the forge directory, ensured that appropriate pathing was in place for the JDK and JRE, and executed install.cmd from the forge directory.

 

This completes with no errors, but then I set the mcp\eclipse folder as the work area for Eclipse and launch the software.  I get two primary trees, Client and Server.  Client only has src and does not have a common section.  Server is completely empty.  Most of the modules in client\scr are filled with errors  - mostly unresolvable types.  I presume this is from the missing common tree.

 

Could anyone please tell me what I may have done wrong?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

 

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

 

www.forgeessentials.com

 

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Luacs,

 

Thanks for the quick reply.  I have tried the method listed in the other thread:  copying the mcp\forge\fml\eclipse folder into the mcp\eclipse folder.  I am now getting build path errors indicating that I need to be using JRE JavaSE-1.6.  I take this as a good sign.  I'll pull down this version of the JRE and give it another shot.  I'm pretty sure this is going to correct the issue.  Thanks again for the thread redirect, sorry I missed that fix when I looked through before.

 

Thanks again,

 

UPDATE:

I changed the properties of the project to use JRE JavaSE-1.7 instead of rolling back the JRE on my system.  I am still only seeing the SRC under client, and server remains empty.  Any additional recommendations would be appreciated.

 

UPDATE 2:

Since I'm using dynamic linking to ship many folders off to other drives, I suspected that this could have been an issue.  I started from scratch with fresh copies of all the aforementioned software (except eclipse and java) in a folder directly off the root of my D:\ drive.  This has not corrected the issue.

 

 

Thank you,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Luacs,

 

Okay... and it turns out your fix works and that I am just dumb.  I was merging the existing eclipse folder with the folder from fml\eclipse instead of replacing it.  Upon deletion of the existing eclipse folder and a copying of the fml\eclipse folder, the issue is resolved.

 

Thanks for your help sir.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.