Make Packet1Login fully vanilla compatible

Doridian

I am, or rather was, trying to use BungeeCord as a Proxy for modded and non-modded servers alike.

The issue is only Packet1Login which Forge modifies.

Couldn't it just be modded so it sends the int dimension in a Packet250PluginMessage to not break vanilla protocol compatibility (and therefor allow proxies like BungeeCord to work seemlessly)?

Sadly, We can't as that would break things quite a bit with multiple dimensions and the like.

There is a reason why we have the sanity check when connecting to make sure that the client has Forge installed.

However, its fairly simple on there end to add support for the differences {IIRC its only this one thing}

I'm sure md_5 would be willing to do it :P

We don't like breaking compatibility here, but we do it in a clean way that we hope eventually we wont have to do.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

You don't have to break compatibility here!

Just send a Packet250 with the actual dimension and then send Packet1Login with some random dimension, then edit it into the thing (like make a static field in NetClientHandler that sets the dimension of Packet1Login, rather than reading it from the wire in there).

Wouldn't be a lot of lines of code really...

Short answer is we're not gunna hack a walrus into the room to address the wobbely table.

We would have to figure a way to delay the creation of the world until we get the proper id, basically, this is a bitch.

Its not hard for the proxy to deal with, and if MC used a proper packet header it'd be a different issue :P

Its a non-issue, nothing that you'd be concerned with.

Basically, things are going to stay.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon