[1.8.9] Custom Mob that can open gates

GalianRyu

So I'm building a mob and I want it to be able to go through Fence Gates, unlike vanilla mobs.  I'm playing around with a few ideas for how to have it "open" the gate without getting hacky, but my primary question to the forums is this:  How can I make path-finding smart enough to navigate through the gate?

I have studied the path finding code somewhat, and I know how to call the normal pathfinding algorithms, but I'm a little lost if I was to start trying to make a custom PathNavigate; it's fairly complex.  Is there a tutorial somewhere on setting up custom pathfinding?  Anyone have any ideas on the simplest way to do this?

Check out my Mod: The RPCraft Toolkit!

Looks like I after somewhat more careful analysis, need to extend PathNavigateGround and have it use a custom WalkNodeProcessor.  In my custom WalkNodeProcessor I need to override GetVerticalOffSet() to return 1 or 2 for a FenceGate, probably 2.  Now I just need to figure out how to open the gate, other than just straight up changing it's Blockstate.

Check out my Mod: The RPCraft Toolkit!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Bottle Cap Torque Tester: Ensuring Precision in Packaging Integrity In the packaging industry, ensuring that containers are securely sealed is paramount for maintaining product quality and safety. One of the most critical components in this process is the bottle cap, which must be tightened to a precise torque to prevent leaks, contamination, or damage. The Bottle Cap Torque Tester by Pacorr is a high-precision instrument designed to test the opening and closing torque of bottle caps, ensuring the integrity of packaging. Importance of Torque Testing for Bottle Caps Torque is the rotational force applied to tighten or loosen a cap on a bottle. Too much torque can cause the cap or the neck of the bottle to break, while too little torque can result in leaks or tampered products. This is especially important for industries like pharmaceuticals, beverages, cosmetics, and chemicals, where any packaging failure can lead to significant financial loss and harm to consumers. The Bottle Cap Torque Tester Price ensures that every cap is perfectly tightened to the desired specification, preventing such issues and guaranteeing the safety and quality of the product inside. Key Features of Pacorr's Bottle Cap Torque Tester High Precision Measurement: The tester is designed to provide highly accurate torque readings for both capping and uncapping, giving manufacturers confidence in their packaging processes. Versatility: It can accommodate a wide range of bottle sizes and cap types, making it suitable for various industries, including beverages, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and more. Easy Operation: With an intuitive design, this machine allows for quick and easy testing, reducing the time needed for quality control checks. Digital Display: The digital readout provides clear, precise torque values, ensuring consistency in testing and improving the accuracy of results. Data Logging: Many models come equipped with data logging capabilities, allowing manufacturers to store and analyze torque measurements for future reference and quality assurance. Benefits of Using the Bottle Cap Torque Tester Improved Product Quality: By ensuring that caps are tightened to the correct torque, manufacturers can prevent leaks and maintain product freshness and safety. Compliance with Industry Standards: The tester helps manufacturers meet industry-specific regulations and standards, ensuring that their products are safe for consumers. Cost Savings: Preventing packaging failures reduces waste and avoids costly recalls, ultimately saving the company money. Enhanced Brand Reputation: Consistent quality control enhances consumer trust in the product, fostering a stronger brand reputation in the market. Applications in Various Industries Pharmaceuticals: In the pharmaceutical industry, packaging must be tamper-proof to ensure product safety. The Bottle Cap Torque Tester ensures that child-resistant caps are securely fastened, complying with safety regulations. Beverages: For carbonated drinks, the correct torque ensures the pressure inside the bottle is maintained without leaking. This helps maintain the product's taste and quality until it reaches the consumer. Cosmetics: Packaging for beauty products often requires precise torque control to ensure that liquids or creams do not leak, preventing product waste and enhancing the user experience. Food & Dairy: Food products need to be tightly sealed to maintain freshness. Incorrect torque can lead to spoilage and contamination, impacting the safety and quality of the food. Conclusion The Bottle Cap Torque Tester from Pacorr is an essential tool for industries where packaging integrity is critical. It helps manufacturers maintain high product quality, comply with regulations, and protect their brand reputation by ensuring that every bottle cap is perfectly sealed. Whether you're in the pharmaceutical, beverage, cosmetic, or food industry, the Bottle Cap Torque Tester is a must-have for efficient and accurate torque testing.
    • The mod is not exported,I'm writing the gradlew build command and it doesn't work. I'm doing the mod on macOS.
    • Asegúrate que tu mod sea de la misma versión que tu servidor si este mod no te funciona prueba otro https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/search?class=mc-mods&page=1&pageSize=20&search=npc&sortBy=relevancy
    • https://modrinth.com/datapack/animated-doors https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/big-doors.58669/
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.