Item Texture Under Wrong Domain

egef

This is my code: https://github.com/egefeyzioglu/improved-parakeet

When I load up the game, I get the black-purple no texture texture appear for Generic Item. However, the model for the block does load in correctly. Upon further investigation, I figure out that the reason for this problem is that Forge is looking for the item under the wrong domain, minecraft. Now, to my understanding, this is expected behaviour as I didn't specify a domain. Is that right? And how do I fix this?

Related Error Message:

[02:05:50] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
[02:05:50] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: The following texture errors were found.
[02:05:50] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: ==================================================
[02:05:50] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:   DOMAIN minecraft
[02:05:50] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: --------------------------------------------------
[02:05:50] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:   domain minecraft is missing 1 texture
[02:05:50] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:     domain minecraft has 3 locations:
[02:05:50] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:       unknown resourcepack type net.minecraft.client.resources.DefaultResourcePack : Default
[02:05:50] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:       mod FML resources at C:\Users\egef\.gradle\caches\minecraft\net\minecraftforge\forge\1.10.2-12.18.1.2011\snapshot\20160518\forgeSrc-1.10.2-12.18.1.2011.jar
[02:05:50] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:       mod Forge resources at C:\Users\egef\.gradle\caches\minecraft\net\minecraftforge\forge\1.10.2-12.18.1.2011\snapshot\20160518\forgeSrc-1.10.2-12.18.1.2011.jar
[02:05:50] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: -------------------------
[02:05:50] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:     The missing resources for domain minecraft are:
[02:05:50] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:       textures/items/generic_item.png
[02:05:50] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: -------------------------
[02:05:50] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:     No other errors exist for domain minecraft
[02:05:50] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: ==================================================
[02:05:50] [Client thread/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

Whole console log:http://pastebin.com/HBmcbNdR

So, a couple things I noticed

• Don't use GameRegistry.registerItem, use GameRegistry.register(Object) to register pretty much everything; items, blocks, biomes
  • Don't use Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderItem().getItemModelMesher().register, use ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation
  • use Item#setRegistryName before you register your item, and Item#getRegistryName instead of using getUnlocalizedName.
  • and, I believe, the cause of the problem you're having, in your json you don't prefix your items/generic_item with your modid, that's why it's giving you an error about minecraft missing a resource, it's trying to look in the minecraft assets for your asset.

*edit: And while I can clearly see the forge/minecraft version in your error log, it seems to be common practice to put the Minecraft version in the subject of your post. :)