[1.10] Weird collision box and pick-block behavior

TheTrollguy_

Long story short, I wanted to change my blocks' collision box, but it seems that it gets sets inappropriately - whatever the state of the block is, every entity stands ~1 block higher than it should be. Also, whenever I pick-block my block, I get the wrong 'meta'. Let's say I pick-block on my block with meta 8 and I have  the block in inventory with meta 13, it'll just select the block with meta 13 that is already in the inventory, instead of giving me a new item stack with the appropriate meta.

THE PROBLEMS:

- weird collision box

- wrong meta returned on pick-block

Here's the whole block class

BlockSidewalk.class

package tt.trafficstuffmod.sidewalks;

import java.util.List;
import java.util.Random;

import javax.annotation.Nullable;

import org.apache.commons.lang3.StringUtils;

import net.minecraft.block.Block;
import net.minecraft.block.material.Material;
import net.minecraft.block.properties.IProperty;
import net.minecraft.block.properties.PropertyInteger;
import net.minecraft.block.state.BlockStateContainer;
import net.minecraft.block.state.IBlockState;
import net.minecraft.creativetab.CreativeTabs;
import net.minecraft.entity.Entity;
import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer;
import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;
import net.minecraft.util.EnumFacing;
import net.minecraft.util.math.AxisAlignedBB;
import net.minecraft.util.math.BlockPos;
import net.minecraft.util.math.RayTraceResult;
import net.minecraft.world.IBlockAccess;
import net.minecraft.world.World;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.Side;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.SideOnly;
import tt.trafficstuffmod.main.TrafficStuffMod;

public class BlockSidewalk extends Block
{
public static final PropertyInteger HEIGHT = PropertyInteger.create("height", 1, 16);
private static final double pixel = 0.0625;
protected boolean isSpecial = false;

public BlockSidewalk(String name, Block oppositeBlock)
{
	super(Material.ROCK);
	GameRegistry.register(this.setRegistryName(name).setUnlocalizedName(name));
	loadProperties();
	registerItemBlocks(oppositeBlock, name);
}

public BlockSidewalk(String name)
{
	super(Material.ROCK);
	this.isSpecial = true;
	GameRegistry.register(this.setRegistryName(name).setUnlocalizedName(name));
	loadProperties();
}

/* PROPERTIES CODE */

private void loadProperties()
{
	setCreativeTab(TrafficStuffMod.tsm_tabSidewalk);
	setDefaultState(blockState.getBaseState().withProperty(HEIGHT, 16));
}

private void registerItemBlocks(Block oppositeBlock, String name)
{
	GameRegistry.register(new ItemBlockSidewalk(this, oppositeBlock).setRegistryName(this.getRegistryName()));
	TrafficStuffMod.registerItemModelsForBlockWith16Metadata(this, name);						
}

@Override
public boolean canSilkHarvest(World world, BlockPos blockPos, IBlockState blockState, EntityPlayer entityPlayer) {
	return false;
}

@Override
public boolean isOpaqueCube(IBlockState blockState) {
	return blockState.getValue(HEIGHT) == 16;
}

@Override
public boolean isFullCube(IBlockState blockState) {
	return isOpaqueCube(blockState);
}

@Override
public boolean isSideSolid(IBlockState blockState, IBlockAccess blockAccess, BlockPos blockPos, EnumFacing facing)
{
	if (isSpecial && facing == EnumFacing.UP) { return true; }
	if (!isSpecial && facing == EnumFacing.DOWN) { return true; }
	if (blockState.getValue(HEIGHT) == 16) { return true; }
	else { return false; }
}

/* BOUNDING AND COLLISION BOX CODE */

@Override
public AxisAlignedBB getBoundingBox(IBlockState blockState, IBlockAccess blockAccess, BlockPos blockPos) {
	return isSpecial ? new AxisAlignedBB(0.0, 1 - blockState.getValue(HEIGHT)*pixel, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0) : new AxisAlignedBB(0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, blockState.getValue(HEIGHT)*pixel, 1.0);
}

@Override
public void addCollisionBoxToList(IBlockState blockState, World world, BlockPos blockPos, AxisAlignedBB axisAlignedBB, List<AxisAlignedBB> list, @Nullable Entity entity) {
	list.add(isSpecial ? new AxisAlignedBB(0.0, 1 - blockState.getValue(HEIGHT)*pixel, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0) : new AxisAlignedBB(0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, blockState.getValue(HEIGHT)*pixel, 1.0));
}

/* BLOCK STATE CODE */

@Override
protected BlockStateContainer createBlockState() {
	return new BlockStateContainer(this, new IProperty[] {HEIGHT});
}

@Override
public IBlockState getStateFromMeta(int meta) {
	return getDefaultState().withProperty(HEIGHT, meta + 1);
}

@Override
public int getMetaFromState(IBlockState blockState) {
	return blockState.getValue(HEIGHT) - 1;
}

@Override
public IBlockState getActualState(IBlockState blockState, IBlockAccess blockAccess, BlockPos blockPosition) {
	return blockState.withProperty(HEIGHT, blockState.getValue(HEIGHT));
}

/* DROP, PICK AND TAB CODE */

@Override
public Item getItemDropped(IBlockState blockState, Random random, int fortune) {
	return Item.getItemFromBlock(Block.getBlockFromName(TrafficStuffMod.MODID + ":sidewalk_normal_" + StringUtils.substringAfterLast(getUnlocalizedName(), "_")));
}

@Override
public int damageDropped(IBlockState blockState) {
	return getMetaFromState(blockState);
}

@Override
public ItemStack getPickBlock(IBlockState blockState, RayTraceResult rayTraceResult, World world, BlockPos blockPos, EntityPlayer entityPlayer) {
    return new ItemStack(Block.getBlockFromName("trafficstuffmod:sidewalk_normal_" + StringUtils.substringAfterLast(getUnlocalizedName(), "_")), 1, blockState.getValue(HEIGHT) - 1);
}

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT) @Override 
public void getSubBlocks(Item item, CreativeTabs creativeTabs, List list)
{
	if (!isSpecial) 
	{
		for (int meta = 15; meta >=0; meta --) {
			list.add(new ItemStack(this, 1, meta));
		}
	}
}
}

So can anyone tell me what would be the cause of these 2 problems?

1) Don't bump your thread after only an hour.

2) Don't put block rendering registration in common code: it will crash the dedicated server

3) Take a look at my client proxy.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

(Also I didn't bump the thread after an hour, I waited ~2 days.

Apologies, I checked the timestamps and missed the date part.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

So I took a look at your pick-block method (I don't know much about collision boxes right now).

And gah!  What is this mess!?

@Override
public ItemStack getPickBlock(IBlockState blockState, RayTraceResult rayTraceResult, World world, BlockPos blockPos, EntityPlayer entityPlayer) {
    return new ItemStack(Block.getBlockFromName("trafficstuffmod:sidewalk_normal_" + StringUtils.substringAfterLast(getUnlocalizedName(), "_")), 1, blockState.getValue(HEIGHT) - 1);
}

You're requesting a block from the Blocks array by name rather than using

this

or a static

MainMod.blockRef

and then combine it with the unlocalized name!?[/t]  WHY?

Ok nevermind the problem of this thread, I fixed it by using a random method I found in the Block class.

Now regarding the pick block, it's complicated, around 100 blocks are using the same class and I would have to show you the whole mod code for you to understands since explaining it here really does nothing. :D

You know that the block instance being used is passed to the method, right?

blockState.getBlock()

There is literally no reason to look it up via string manipulation.

Yeah Draco, I know, but as I said if the code was any simpler I would've just used this, but I actually have around 100 blocks that use this class and each of them get a different block from the array. I don't think there's a need to specify which block uses what block in that piece of code if there's a simple algorithm.

You're trying to get the item representation of the block in the world. The block in the world is passed to the method. There's your simple solution.

For the collision-box, override getCollisionBoundingBox(IBlockState blockState, World worldIn, BlockPos pos) to return the bb you want.

For the meta issue, if I understand this correctly(When mined, the block given has a meta of something you already have)

If these are all instances of the same class, then I'd imagine you are using a for-loop to register them, no?

In teh same for-loop, have it add each and every block to an Array.

Add a new method, simply called setRegisteredNumber, which returns a block, the block itself.

Have setRegisteredNumber set a public integer with the provided value. Then in your getPickBlock, return the corresponding block-instance in that array, depending on the registerednumber value.

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.