[1.10.2] Help with newbie ideas

CowInAFritoFactory

I started modding recently because I got tired of being too lazy to work on coding.

It's pretty fun. I have some questions about editing the terrain however. I most likely don't need code, I really just need the classes and methods that I should be using.

I am trying to, for fun, make it so that AFTER the chunk is fully generated, it will sort each column of blocks in alphabetical order. That's fine, and I've got it, but the problem is that I am using "registerWorldGenerator", which is fine for ore generation I suppose (Obviously this is where I found it), but it's not good for me as parts of trees and villages and other structures sometimes remain unsorted. Obviously this is because the sorting takes place before. Any ideas for this? I see a "wait" method, is this what I should add? Is there a better way of running code upon a chunk finishing generation?

Oh, and while I'm here, my first mod I made modified earthen blocks to be flammable, but that was somewhat messy. Is there any way to iterate through Blocks to perform something on every block?

Thanks. c:

There is a way to iterate through blocks there is a blockRegistry in the Block class. And try making your world generator have less weight.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Maybe I didn't give enough info. This problem only occurs when I move through the world resulting in new chunks generating, but the initial chunks generated are perfect. Only sometimes too. Trees on the borders of chunks get split between sorted and unsorted. Some chunks work fine, others not so fine.

I made it have a weight of 5.

Here's a picture of what happens. Most of these trees are stone. However, it seems that especially when the computer is running a bit slower due to generating new chunks, it fragments like this. (Worse when I run slower)

fIMDdvq.jpg

Try raising it even higher, and well lag is not something you can make easier unless you optimize your generation code.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

You could try looking into the terrrainGen events, like Maybe OreGenEvent.Post, PopulateChunkEvent.Post, Possibly even ChunkGeneratorEvent(don't really think this will work).