[1.10][SOLVED] Make chat message only appear once when item is used

TrekkieCub314

I have an item that stores coordinates when right-clicked on a block and sends a chat message to the wielding player what the coordinates are.  The problem I've encountered is when I click on a block, the chat message is posted multiple times.  I think this is due to the onItemUse() function being called in rapid succession while the right-mouse button is held down, and a basic click is enough to get it to trigger at least twice.

Is there any way, aside from making the item tickable and storing a delay on the item, to either bypass the rapid right-click functionality or create a delay?  I've tried using onPlayerStoppedUsing() but it didn't work for me.

Minecraft has 2 sides. Client, and Server. Client handles everything that the Server doesn't need to know, like textures, rendering, and so forth, whilst the server handles positions, states, and so forth.

Most code is run commonly eg, it is running on both of these sides simultaneously.

World#isRemote()

is checked against both sides, but only the Client returns true here, which means the server skips this piece of code.

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.