[1.10] Adding a new entity to the game

TrekkieCub314

I have a tile entity that should send an entity from itself to a set of coordinates specified in the tile entity.  The entity it sends is what I'm trying to make.  I want it to look similar to the XP orb (I can change some stuff around later), but I have no idea how to get new entities to show up in Minecraft beyond 1.7.  Does anyone know what I should do or know of any good updated tutorials?

I have a tile entity that should send an entity from itself to a set of coordinates specified in the tile entity.  The entity it sends is what I'm trying to make.  I want it to look similar to the XP orb (I can change some stuff around later), but I have no idea how to get new entities to show up in Minecraft beyond 1.7.  Does anyone know what I should do or know of any good updated tutorials?

I myself have not found any tutorials for 1.10 You register it in a similar way you do in earlier versions the register for the Render is different though. Instrad you need to use a IRenderFactory.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

I've got the entity spawning now, but now I'm wondering how to get the entity to travel in a straight line from its spawn point to a pre-defined BlockPos.

Create an AI and make the Entity move towards the BlockPos, or hardcode it into the Entity.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.