[SOLVED] Custom CraftingManagers

Jay Avery

I'm trying to make a mod where there are lots of different crafting blocks (different types of crafting table), which each have their own set of recipes. So I made a custom ModCraftingManager class which is a pretty much direct copy of the vanilla CraftingManager (since I can't create multiple instances of that). That allowed me to add different sets of recipes to the different crafting blocks and it almost works... except that, when I click on the output slot to pick up the crafted item, the stacks in the crafting grid don't decrease in size by 1 - instead they double in size.

I have combed through the vanilla code and I just can't seem to find the actual place that tells the crafting grid item stacks to decrease by 1 when the output slot is clicked - I thought finding it might help me figure out the problem. But anyway, I don't understand how my custom crafting managers can be bugged even when I literally copy the methods from the vanilla class.

Can anyone advise me on:

• Where in the vanilla code is the instruction for the crafting grid slots to decrease in size when the output is picked up?
  • How can an almost exact copy of the vanilla code function differently to the vanilla version itself?
  • How can I create working custom crafting managers? Or even, is there a better way to give a specific set of recipes to specific crafting blocks other than using individual crafting managers for each?

Edit: Solved! In

SlotCrafting.onPickupFromSlot

, it refers to the vanilla CraftingManager to check the recipe to reduce the input stack sizes. So I created a subclass of SlotCrafting and overrode that method to make it refer to whichever custom CraftingManager applies to the container it's in, and now custom crafting is working correctly.

Where in the vanilla code is the instruction for the crafting grid slots to decrease in size when the output is picked up?
SlotCrafting::onPickupFromSlot

Ahhh, I found the source of the problem inside this method! It refers to the vanilla CraftingManager when checking the recipe. So I made a custom SlotCrafting which overrides that method and uses whichever custom CraftingManager applies for the container, and that's solved it. Thank you for the help, even though you just pointed me to the right place! I've been stuck for days. :D