Jump to content

Mod not working properly when built with gradle [SOLVED - MY BAD :P)


the_astronomer

Recommended Posts

I need help please!

I programmed a mod and all was good until I wanted to build it to a jar file.

So I did gradlew build in cmd and it seemed to have worked - until I popped it into the mods folder in my .minecraft

I concluded that the lang file wasn't working - because everything was like item.AmethystGem.name

One ore texture wasn't working as well - although all the other ones worked - wtf right?

The oregen also didn't appear to be working as i didn't find any ores

 

the modid jar file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lkmp783ely3i86q/modid-1.0.jar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't panic. There are several stages to debugging. After running in Eclipse (or other IDE), you run SP in your local MC (Forge) client. After that, you should try MP between client and dedicated server.

 

At each new stage, things can go wrong there that don't show up earlier. So put on your thinking cap and gather more info. In particular, find the log file (not console output) from your test run. The log will have more warnings than you'll see on the console.

 

The first question is: Did you perfectly match capitalization where it needs to be matched, and did you use all lower case where it must be all lower case? Reason I ask: Running in an IDE in Windows means using a filesystem that is NOT case sensitive. Running a jar in SP means accessing "files" inside a jar that IS case sensitive. Mixed-case errors hidden earlier then appear. The log should show warnings.

 

And again: Don't Panic.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DERP I didn't check the reference file - the one place I didn't check!

The oregen and the missing texture are gone now - but the blocks and items still show up as item.AmethystGem.name or similar, although I have a en_us.lang file, where it says :

item.AmethystGem.name=Amethyst (this is one example)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.