Creating advanced (Shift + Hover) Tooltips

gmod622

Hey all!

So I want to implement tooltips that appear when you hover over with shift.

Is there an inbuilt function or would I have to create a event.

You would have to create and event and the easiest way to get if shift is down is to access the gui object in the Minecraft class.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

In the

Item#addInformation

method, check if a

KeyBinding#isKeyDown()

. The vanilla

KeyBinding

s are located in

Minecraft.getMinecraft().gameSettings

You probably want to wrap this in a method in your proxy, to make the dedicated server not crash.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

In the

Item#addInformation

method, check if a

KeyBinding#isKeyDown()

. The vanilla

KeyBinding

s are located in

Slight problem if I change my keybinding of sneaking to ctrl I would have to press ctrl instead of shift as the keybinding applies to different actions not individual keys.

You probably want to wrap this in a method in your proxy, to make the dedicated server not crash.

What?

And only do what I said if the items are not yours, instead use the Item#addInformation(...)

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Slight problem if I change my keybinding of sneaking to ctrl I would have to press ctrl instead of shift as the keybinding applies to different actions not individual keys.

Most likely in the "toolTip.add()" while the "sneak" key is not pressed it could render "Press " localized.key.name or something, would make it more dynamic

Most likely in the "toolTip.add()" while the "sneak" key is not pressed it could render "Press " localized.key.name or something, would make it more dynamic

Also a localization call.

In the

Item#addInformation

method, check if a

KeyBinding#isKeyDown()

. The vanilla

KeyBinding

s are located in

You can also make your own
KeyBinding

if you want.

What?

KeyBindings

are

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)

. If you call them from a method in the

Item class

, it still has to load the

KeyBinding

class "in case it get's called". Now that I'm back at my IDE (wasn't previously), I see that

Item#addInformation

has the

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)

annotation, so you might be able to pull it off without proxies. But to be sure, I'd put it in a proxy.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/