[1.10.2] Making recipes off OreDictionary is not working

KeeganDeathman

I have a machine that makes dusts from ores. Pretty simple. I decided to add in recipes from the ore dictionary. The below code is supposed to find every registered dust, finds it's ore, and registers the ore. It works fine for redstone, my ores, but everything else is messed up. Non ores are getting put in, and Copper Ore from Immersive Engineering goes straight to copper ingots passing over the dust. Somehow this code is assigning random ores(and basalt) to one of about 4 dusts.

Any help?

for(String dust : OreDictionary.getOreNames())
	{
		if(dust.startsWith("dust"))
		{
			String ore = dust.replace("dust", "ore");
			if(OreDictionary.doesOreNameExist(ore))
			{
				List<ItemStack> ores = OreDictionary.getOres(ore);
				List<ItemStack> dusts = OreDictionary.getOres(dust);
				if(ores.size() > 0 && dusts.size() > 0 && ore.replace("ore", "").equals(dust.replace("dust", "")))
				{
					for(ItemStack currentOre : ores)
					{
						Recipes.addEnrichment(currentOre.getItem(), dusts.get(0).getItem());
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}

[shadow=gray,left][glow=red,2,300]KEEGAN[/glow][/shadow]

When code like that is doing unexpected things, it's much much more informative to step through it live in the debugger than for someone on the outside to look at it dead at a distance.

Set a breakpoint and look at what values your internal variables are acquiring as they acquire them. When you get to one of your mismatches, palm will hit face and you should be able to fix the error (could be something as simple as ore -> ores somewhere, or maybe dusts.get(0) isn't always what's needed?).

Anyway, catching it in the act will make analysis easy.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.

Thanks for the reply!

I tried stepping through, but with my mod on its own everything is fine. I also can't install mods into my development environment without crashing due to NoClassDefFound

A println before the final for loop shows a 1:1 properly matched dust to ore list.

ie:

dustIron
oreIron
dustRedstone
oreRedstone
dustZinc
oreZinc
dustOsmium
oreOsmium

...but the recipes are still off

[shadow=gray,left][glow=red,2,300]KEEGAN[/glow][/shadow]

Thanks for the reply!

I tried stepping through, but with my mod on its own everything is fine. I also can't install mods into my development environment without crashing due to NoClassDefFound

A println before the final for loop shows a 1:1 properly matched dust to ore list.

ie:

dustIron
oreIron
dustRedstone
oreRedstone
dustZinc
oreZinc
dustOsmium
oreOsmium

...but the recipes are still off

Why not try it in the final loop or even in the Recipes.addEnrichment(...) method.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.