Loading a new mod - HELP!

depth10

I've installed Forge and I'm able to see the Forge profile when starting up Minecraft.  I downloaded a mod and stuck the js file directly in the mods folder.  Closed Minecraft and restarted it and it's not showing any mods except the three that seem to have come with it.  What am I doing wrong?

There are a lot of jerks on the internet redistributing mods so they generate income instead of the authors of the mods. Sometimes, they contain malware and viruses. They also claim that mods work on the latest version of Minecraft, while they are not made for it. This will, quite clearly, not work.

Only download from Curse. the Minecraft Forums and the mod owners' website, if they have one.

Only download Forge from the Forge File Server, located here.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/