[1.11] What is the best way to really learn how to mod?

boredherobrine13

Hi, I am newer to java and I technically "have" a mod, but I feel that it too heavily abuses large chunks of tutorial code that..is often quite limiting and inefficient to begin with. I'm just wondering what the best way to "learn" to mod is. It seems like there is no best path or really centralized way to learn. Lots of semi-incomplete tutorials.

Hi, I am newer to java and I technically "have" a mod, but I feel that it too heavily abuses large chunks of tutorial code that..is often quite limiting and inefficient to begin with. I'm just wondering what the best way to "learn" to mod is. It seems like there is no best path or really centralized way to learn. Lots of semi-incomplete tutorials.

The best way to learn how to mod is to learn Java first. This way you will know the conventions and efficiency/performance. Then follow the tutorials that exist to understand what they are doing. The next thing is play around with code(I assume you know how to make a basic Item/Block), you should mess around with certain methods and variables to see what they do, or look in the source provided for what they do. Last thing if you run into any problems or questions in general come here.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Alright thanks. I have basic blocks down and basic java down. I made a small tweak mod that plays with fuels mostly on my own. I just kinda lost understanding for some reason when it got to more complicated stuff. I'm studying java a bit more closely. I think my issue is I lack proper understanding of certain conventions and it hinders me from understanding some of the code.