How to create a item, that must be smelt.. ??

mgbeenieboy

Hey, I started with modding and I am german, so sorry for bad english or bad knowledge...

I want to create a item (sunny side egg). You must first smelt an egg in a furnace to get it.

How can I do that?

PS: Do you call it "Sunny Side Egg" in USA? :D or "Fried Egg"? And do you say "Cornflakes"? :D

Thanks.

You create two items (or use one item but with different metadata, but that might not be that easy if you are new to modding): one for the raw version and one for the cooked.

You create a way for a player to obtain raw egg and add smelting recipe for it.

( GameRegistry.addSmelting(ItemStack input, ItemStackoutput, float xp); )

Where you add your recipes, add this line of code:

GameRegistry.addSmelting(Item.egg.shiftedIndex, new ItemStack(Item.YOURMODITEMNAME), 20);

Where you replace YOURMODITEMNAME with the name of the item which you used in the public static final.

The 20 is for how much exp you'll get from it, you can customize it yourself.

I just started coding last month, it's going great! I hope you'll get much success!

/Falling

Where you add your recipes, add this line of code:

GameRegistry.addSmelting(Item.egg.shiftedIndex, new ItemStack(Item.YOURMODITEMNAME), 20);

Where you replace YOURMODITEMNAME with the name of the item which you used in the public static final.

The 20 is for how much exp you'll get from it, you can customize it yourself.

I just started coding last month, it's going great! I hope you'll get much success!

/Falling

the last number must be a float not int, also 20f exp its so much exp, like an gold ingot do just 1f why 20f for an egg?