System cannot find path specified?

Ligerzero564

Im having a problem with starting to mod with forge, i downloaded the MCP 725 as well as the most recent vertion of forge src, i extracted the MCP.zip into a folder on my desktop called MCP and extracted the forge folder into that folder as well, when i ran the install.bat file i get a command prompt window that says "the system cannot find the path specified" i have confirmed that JDK is installed and up-to-date but when i tried to change the path to point to the JDK bin folder i keep getting my command prompt reporting the old path info. what am i missing here? if it helps i am using windows 7.

ok so when i try unning the install.cmd file from the forge folder i get "the system cannot find the path specified", however if i go into command prompt and change the directory to C:\Users\Joseph\Desktop\forge then run the install.cmd from that directory i get it to start but get this:

Downloaded mcp7.25.zip

Extracting MCP to C:\Users\Joseph\Desktop\forge\mcp

Setting up MCP

Backing up commands.py

patch:**** Can't create file C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32

\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_10\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin/poa03140 : Invalid argument

Could not verify commands.py patch integrity, this typicaly means that you are not in a clean MCP environment.

Download a clean version of MCP 7.23 and try again

cannot import name commands_sanity_check

press any key to continue...

now i am well and truly lost, why is it trying to recreate my path variable files?

so far the decompiler is running I will update here if there are any problems, though it is odd i have to go through the command prompt and cant use the files directly.

edit: there are several errors and warnings its saying "initial server recompile failed, correct source then run updatemd5" what exactly dose this mean?

yes i changed the PATH for both the user and system variables and when i enter "path" into comand prompt it prints correctly, here is proof:

C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_10\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin.

also none of the bat files in the MCP folder work either they all return the same message.