moving a block, good ways to learn

brudigem

Hello everyone.

Im a new modder and i have some Problems

1.I just watched all the basic tutorials , I know how to make really basic stuff. But now im trying to creat some new content but I really dont know how, I'm not finding any tutorial. Does anybody know a good method to learn?

2.Im just trying to make myself a little mod, and i want to move a block (manually) , I looked in the original minecraft source (tried to learn somthing with pistions ... without succsess) but i did not found anything.

So, can anyone help me ?

Would be really nice :) 

And sorry for my bad English!

The piston class is very complicated since it checks for neighbour block updates and redstone updates and all the other things...

And, if you don't already know, there is a block that is specially made for piston (the "BLOCK MOVED BY PISTON") block, and I don't quite remember it's id (its around 50 or something)...

So, if you were to make a piston-like thing, that wouldn't be easy enough.

First thanks for the fast answer,

I found the net.minecraft.tileentity thats what you mean, but 2 things:

1.I want to make a Block i can control with an item, is that the best way to do ?

2.Ok i found it but i really dont know how to mod it with Forge ! :(

(Im still newbie^^)

And the sand do I have to look in the BlockSand.java, and can i just copy it and change the direction?

EDIT: I found a class named EntityFallingSand, I thing i have to do a custom EntityMovingMYBLOCK and the change the variables.

And whats the better method ?

EDIT: I made a copy of EntityFallingSand,BlockSand with my own blocks now I have 2 problems,

1.When my block falls , it dissapears first and appears at the final position, but there is no fall animation, why?

Did i forgot a class?

2.Witch value do i have to change in the EntityFallingSand so it falls in a different direction?

1 more EDIT :

I noticed while my block "falls" it is sometimes black, how can I avoid that?