Send packet

Knux14

Hello everyone,

I am trying to do a packet for a bukkit server, but i cant send it on the vanilla ... I followed the Wiki tutorial about making Packet.

Mine is supposed to send a String when entering a World Guard region, but i need to try if it works before start modding Bukkit, so in a onItemUse, i wrote this:

PacketRegionHandler pack = new PacketRegionHandler(MessagesPacket.messageVille);
    	Packet250CustomPayload packet = pack;
    	PacketDispatcher.sendPacketToPlayer(packet, (Player)par2EntityPlayer);

but i have an error where its underlined. I cant cast a PacketRegionHandler to a Packet250CustomPayload, so how am i supposed to do?

Thanks,

i dont understand you are trying to make a packet for mcpc bukkit or normal bukkit?, because the normal bukkit dont have the Packet250CustomPayload.

Its a forge packet, and you need a packet handler to use him.

I dont know if this will work..

PacketRegionHandler pack = new PacketRegionHandler(MessagesPacket.messageVille);

Packet250CustomPayload packet = (Packet250CustomPayload )pack;

PacketDispatcher.sendPacketToPlayer(packet, (Player)par2EntityPlayer);

if that dont work(im not good with bukkit and packet stuff), you can try

Iterator iterator = MinecraftServer.getServer().configManager.playerEntities.iterator();

while (iterator.hasNext())

{

Object obj = iterator.next();

if ((obj instanceof EntityPlayer) && !((EntityPlayerMP)obj).username.isEmpty())

{

EntityPlayerMP pmp = (EntityPlayerMP)obj;

pmp.addChatMessage(string here);

}

}

as far i know entityplayer its entityhuman in bukkit (just change), but if you will make a version of this mod for vannila just use packet handler, there is some tutorials on the wiki, also a lot of things are obfuscated on bukkit, so the best way its do directly for bukkit and ask for help in the bukkit forums.