[1.11.2] [SOLVED] Armor with Knockback Resistance

Tschipp

I'm trying to make armor that has the knockback resistance attribute modifier on it.

I've tried this in my armor clas:

@Override
	 public Multimap<String, AttributeModifier> getItemAttributeModifiers(EntityEquipmentSlot equipmentSlot)
	    {
	        Multimap<String, AttributeModifier> multimap = super.getItemAttributeModifiers(equipmentSlot);

if (equipmentSlot == this.armorType)
	        {
	            multimap.put(SharedMonsterAttributes.ARMOR.getName(), new AttributeModifier(ARMOR_MODIFIERS[equipmentSlot.getIndex()], "Armor modifier", (double)this.damageReduceAmount, 0));
	            multimap.put(SharedMonsterAttributes.ARMOR_TOUGHNESS.getName(), new AttributeModifier(ARMOR_MODIFIERS[equipmentSlot.getIndex()], "Armor toughness", (double)this.toughness, 0));
	            multimap.put(SharedMonsterAttributes.KNOCKBACK_RESISTANCE.getName(), new AttributeModifier("generic.knockbackResistance", 0.25, 0));
	        }

return multimap;
	    }

I use the "add" operation and a value of 0.25, so when the player is wearing the entire set, he has a knockback resistance of 1 (which would prevent all knockback, right?).

It works and appears in game, but I get full knockback resistance even when only wearing one armor piece. The knockback resistance also stays on the player even if he isn't wearing any armor at all, it resets when he dies.

So, what do I need to change? I changed the operation to "% additive" and "% multiplicative", but those didn't seem to have any effect.

Edited by Tschipp

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to me like the error is it not resetting the knockback resistance of the player. It increases it by .25 if the player is wearing the armour, but does it ever set it to 0? Or does it just increase it each time the code runs?

23 minutes ago, recneps said:

It seems to me like the error is it not resetting the knockback resistance of the player. It increases it by .25 if the player is wearing the armour, but does it ever set it to 0? Or does it just increase it each time the code runs?

No, I don't set it to 0 ever. I thought somethink like that was done automatically, when the armor gets unequipped. Like when you're holding a sword that boosts your speed, switching off that sword also removes your speed. But I can try and see if that's the reason.

49 minutes ago, recneps said:

I'd just put it in the code right before it checks if you're wearing the armour.. That way it sets it to 0 each time and then increases it afterwards.

Hm. It doesn't seem to be possible to set the attributes for a player, it's only possible to get them. Did you have anything other in mind?

EDIT: I figured it out, the attribute had no valid UUID

Edited by Tschipp