Mod without mcmod.info

WOTBLITZ

This is not a necessity. I would like to add all information for my mod in code without need of mcmod.info cause it's annoying that any one can edit the mcmod.info. Like the @Mod() could have all of the information as mcmod.info but it dosen't.

As I said this what I want but if it dosen't work then I'm fine with that.

1 hour ago, WOTBLITZ said:

it's annoying that any one can edit the mcmod.info

Yes, the user can edit the mcmod.info file. No, they wouldn't, no, they shouldn't and no, they won't get anything out of it.

You can use FMLPreInitializationEvent#getModMetadata() to get the ModMetadata instance of the mod, which you can fill in yourself.

Edited by larsgerrits

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

1 hour ago, larsgerrits said:

Yes, the user can edit the mcmod.info file. No, they wouldn't, no, they shouldn't and no, they won't get anything out of it.

You can use FMLPreInitializationEvent#getModMetadata() to get the ModMetadata instance of the mod, which you can fill in yourself.

Isn't that the metadata from the mcmod.info and I don't think you can edit that.

44 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

That's bad, Forge is not the only consumer of that file. Launchers or other metadata-gathering things will not know how to read your metadata if you fill it in with code. You should use a mcmod.info.

The mcmod.info cannot be edited any more or less than your MainMod.class file.

Well lets say that the mcmod.info exists an I edit the information in code.

Well, who knows java have an easier time to edit in code and mcmod.info, what said is that more that know how to edit the mcmod.info file then in code.

21 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

If you don't want people to be able to change things you make, do not put things up for download. You cannot stop people from editing things.

Plus, with something like the mcmod.info, why do you care? What would someone gain from editing your mcmod.info?

Yeah, I know that but still I try.

And about the mcmod.info, I would like not only just what I said but also update the info every now and then. :)