Custom resources not working in modding environment only

winnetrie

Hello, in my mod i made a custom model for ladder and bookshelf. Since i updated to forge 2282 it appears not working anymore.

It had worked before and it seems like minecraft is ignoring the resources.

The weird thing is that in a real environment it all works fine.

So i'm wondering why it doesn't work in the modding environment?

I remembered that i had this before once but can't remember how i fixed it.

Some more info: I made ladders and bookshelves for all other woodtypes with my model and those are working fine in both modding and real environment.

I needed to make also a resource folder for minecraft to apply this also for the standard ladder and bookshelf.

The folder is assets/minecraft/blockstates/ladder.json for the blockstate to override (this should override minecrafts ladder with mine, if i'm right)

i also have assets/tem/blockstated/jungleladder.json for my jungleladder

Edited by winnetrie

Post the latest logs (fml-client-latest.log).

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

I have added a very recent log file. I hope this helps. I can't find anything related to this issue.

Keep in my mind that everything works fine in a real environment.

I hope anyone can help me with this, because i never know for 100% ,while in the modding environment(eclipse), that it will work.

fml-client-latest.log

I still haven't solved this. Is there something i should activate in my modding workspace or....?

When i start the game (in eclipse) it looks like minecraft/ forge is ignoring the folder tem/assets/minecraft.

Like i said before it is ONLY in modding environment. Everything works fine in the real minecraft.

This is an ennoying thing, because i have to test it in real minecraft to see if everything is alright.

I also made a copy of those texture and blockstates and made a standalone texture pack and called it testpack.

I can select that texture pack ingame (while in modding environment) and when selected, the game succesfully loads the texture pack and everything works fine.

I'm out of ideas now....

So why does the game not load the resources that should overwrite the standard resources in modding environment, but does load it in real environment?

I would be really happy if someone could help me.

eclipse ignores upper and lower case differnts while outside the dev env this is not ignored, have you already checked this?  also resource now have to be lowercase.

catch(Exception e)

{

}

Yay, Pokémon exception handling, gotta catch 'em all (and then do nothing with 'em).

19 hours ago, MCenderdragon said:

eclipse ignores upper and lower case differnts while outside the dev env this is not ignored, have you already checked this?  also resource now have to be lowercase.

Windows* ignores upper and lower case differences, while a JAR* file doesn't.

@OP, do you use the same Forge version for dev and the normal game?

Edited by larsgerrits

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/