OSX case sensitive filesystem can't run my mod

kberg

I'm noticing that my OSX workstation isn't playing happily with Minecraft because it is a case sensitive filesystem.

For example, when loading the language file, it finally gets to FolderResourcePack.validatePath, it hits this line:

>>>         return s.endsWith(p_191384_1_);

Looking at a debugger, here are the values of s and p_19blah

/Users/<redacted>/src/forge/bin/assets/konigsmod/lang/en_US.lang

assets/konigsmod/lang/en_us.lang

So because their cases do not match, the path is not valid.

But it's not just there, I have a file a json file that has the same problem, because I describe my items in mixedCase.

Is it possible you could replace s.endsWith(p_191384_1_) with s.toLowerCase().endsWith(p_191384_1_1.toLowerCase());? That's not i18n friendly, but if the system already deals with encodings, it gets simpler.

Why does that check even exist, anyway?

In the meantime, I plan to switch my resource names to lowercase. Hopefully that'll help.

Thanks,

Robert

Which Minecraft version are you using? 1.11+ requires all resource file names to be lowercase.

If you don't have a pack.mcmeta file or you do and it sets pack_format to 2, lang files will be loaded with the old mixed-case names (e.g. en_US.lang) because Forge wraps your mod's IResourcePack in a LegacyV2Adapter.

If you have a pack.mcmeta file that sets pack_format to 3 (the current resource pack version), lang files will be loaded with the new lower-case names (e.g. en_us.lang).

It's best to convert to pack_format 3 and lowercase names now in case Forge stops special-casingpack_format 2 resource packs in a future version.

• Like 1

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

OK. I'm using 1.12. May I suggest that instead of 

return s.endsWith(p_191384_1_);

It ends with

boolean valid = s.endsWith(p_191384_1_);
if (!valid) {

whateverLogger.log("Invalid filename: %s, is it mixed case?", s);

}
return valid;

Thanks,

Robert