[Solved] First Subitem in a block have no Inventory Render

Asiratlan

Hello everyone, 

I was working on a slab block with Metadata and I got this wierd bug where the sub-block with Metadata #0 use the Default Purple/Black Texture for Inventory Render. It's not Model related since my block does render on the map and works properly if I switch the block to a different Metadata. Anyone ever met this kind of bug?

Cordially.

Edited by Asiratlan

1 minute ago, Asiratlan said:

Hello everyone, 

I was working on a slab block with Metadata and I got this wierd bug where the sub-block with Metadata #0 use the Default Purple/Black Texture for Inventory Render. It's not Model related since my block does render on the map and works properly if I switch the block to a different Metadata. Anyone ever met this kind of bug?

Cordially.

Do you have an Item model for it?

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

1 hour ago, Animefan8888 said:

Do you have an Item model for it?

Like I said Models (both Item and Block) works If I swap Metadata #0 with any other Metadata the block will render properly.  The bug seems to only to happen specifically to Metadata #0 and not to the block itself.

1 hour ago, Asiratlan said:

Like I said Models (both Item and Block) works If I swap Metadata #0 with any other Metadata the block will render properly.  The bug seems to only to happen specifically to Metadata #0 and not to the block itself.

Then the problem could still be the Item Model for metadata 1. Also we can't help without any code or the models, if we tried it would be a bunch of shots in the dark.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

15 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

Then the problem could still be the Item Model for metadata 1. Also we can't help without any code or the models, if we tried it would be a bunch of shots in the dark.

Here's the Item Model, Block Model and BlockState File. I also put in comment here the code of the ModelBakeryRegistration. 

public static void registerRenderMeta(Block block, int meta, String name) {
        Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderItem().getItemModelMesher().register(Item.getItemFromBlock(block), meta,
                new ModelResourceLocation(block.getRegistryName() + "_" + name, "inventory"));
        ModelBakery.registerItemVariants(Item.getItemFromBlock(block),
                new ModelResourceLocation(block.getRegistryName() + "_" + name, "inventory"));
    }

This method get called for each subItem from 0 to 7 in that specific case. 

wool_slab.json

wool_slab_white.json

wool_slab_half_white.json

Don't use the ItemModelMesher instead use ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation, and call in in preInit or the ModelRegistryEvent.

Edited by Animefan8888