[SOLVED] CAN NOT download files from file server

CosPotato

When I launch the game. I get this error message:

Name: forge-1.12-14.21.1.2443.jar
URL: http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.12-14.21.1.2443/forge-1.12-14.21.1.2443.jar
Error details: HTTP 404: Not Found
Filename on disk: 1f8b-efff-9e5e-61ca
Path: /var/folders/2g/4x1xzstj4vdbj939flg1q7v00000gn/T/1f8b-efff-9e5e-61ca
Exists: file

The Maven server Broken ?

WechatIMG400.jpeg

Edited by CosPotato

That's not the correct URL for Forge 14.21.1.2443 Universal, the file has a -universal suffix before the extension.

Which launcher are you using?

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

1 hour ago, Choonster said:

That's not the correct URL for Forge 14.21.1.2443 Universal, the file has a -universal suffix before the extension.

Which launcher are you using?

I'm using the official launcher.

By the way, launcher throw out some '[Warn] get xxx.jar.sha1 error: HTTP 404: Not Found' when launcher checking the libraries. 

I can't reproduce this directly after installing Forge (because the installer downloads Forge), but I can reproduce it after deleting the Forge version from the libraries directory.

As a work-around, try re-running the installer.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

20 hours ago, Choonster said:

I can't reproduce this directly after installing Forge (because the installer downloads Forge), but I can reproduce it after deleting the Forge version from the libraries directory.

As a work-around, try re-running the installer.

I was re-runed several times, but i always get this error

• Like 1

If you use the installer then the file will be in the libraries folder already and the launcher won't need to download it.

So ya, use the vanilla launcher, use our installer and you're fine.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

3 minutes ago, LexManos said:

If you use the installer then the file will be in the libraries folder already and the launcher won't need to download it.

So ya, use the vanilla launcher, use our installer and you're fine.

I deleted the `minecraft` folder completely and re-installed the Minecraft again. The problem solved! I have both `1.9 with forge` and `1.12 with forge`. Maybe this is the reason.

Thank for your help!