How do I remove certain GUI aspects from Minecraft

s1320dazkj02

I have a mod installed which shows information on my HUD about potions already. As such, I do not need Minecraft's potion indicator on the top right, nor do I need it in my inventory menu, which clogs it up and shifts the inventory menu to the right instead of center. How would I go about creating a mod to remove it? Where in Minecraft's code do I need to change, and how do I do it? I already have forge MDK set up.

Thanks!

To remove potion icons from the HUD subscribe to RenderGameOverlayEvent.Pre, check if the type is ElementType.POTION_ICONS and cancel the event. You can see more about events here. I'm not sure how you would remove potion icons from inventory, but if you want to stop them from shifting the inventory over you can subscribe to GuiScreenEvent.PotionShiftEvent and cancel it.